Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My 'Museum' of WW2

Article about: Hey everyone! Newbie here to the forums... though I'd introduce myself and throw out some shots of my display. My name is Britt, I've been an aviation photographer for over 18 years now, mos

Quote by MAP View Post
    Now that I'm on my PC and not looking on a small cell phone, I've had another look. Even better. Great collection.

1) I love Pin Up Posters and nose art (who doesn't). Had the opportunity to buy a set a number of years ago and didn't. Kicking myself.
    2) Is the 50 Cal a cast replica or real?
    3) Can you give us a shot of the poster on the wall below the clock! Is that original?
    4) And what are the 4 framed pictures of the planes?

And finally, must be heck of a job to dust all this!
    Thank you!

1) Thanks! I'm a huge fan of artist George Petty, who supplied many pinup inspirations for Nose Art on aircraft including the Memphis Belle. I've been collecting all his pinups into a large database (including calendars). The 1940s/WW2 pinup style is what I consider to be the Golden Age of Pinups.

2) Both are resin replicas used in the TV miniseries Band of Brothers.

3) That's not an original behind the clock, I do 1940s/WW2 style pinups including a series of pinup propaganda posters where I take the original posters and digitally recreate them but with a pinup model. See - Propaganda Pinups - D-Day Tribute by warbirdphotographer on DeviantArt

4) Those are also custom designed WW2 propaganda style posters I've created, I only have five right now but I plan to encompass every major US aircraft in WW2. You can see those here: Aviation Posters by warbirdphotographer on DeviantArt

And yes... about that dust... Ha ha.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 'Museum' of WW2
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by planesoffame View Post
    Thank you!

1) Thanks! I'm a huge fan of artist George Petty, who supplied many pinup inspirations for Nose Art on aircraft including the Memphis Belle. I've been collecting all his pinups into a large database (including calendars). The 1940s/WW2 pinup style is what I consider to be the Golden Age of Pinups. As noted, I had the opportunity a few years back to buy a numbered set of his WW2 pinup nose art. I regretfully passed

2) Both are resin replicas used in the TV miniseries Band of Brothers.

3) That's not an original behind the clock, I do 1940s/WW2 style pinups including a series of pinup propaganda posters where I take the original posters and digitally recreate them but with a pinup model. See - Propaganda Pinups - D-Day Tribute by warbirdphotographer on DeviantArt LoL, didn't think it was original. Not that I noticed TOO much (OK, yes I did) but her "lingerie" looked a bit too modern LoL

4) Those are also custom designed WW2 propaganda style posters I've created, I only have five right now but I plan to encompass every major US aircraft in WW2. You can see those here: Aviation Posters by warbirdphotographer on DeviantArt Pretty amazing stuff. Fantastic!!!

And yes... about that dust... Ha ha.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Great collection and display , and I wanted to thank you for joining . I noticed your replay to another tread regarding a Aircraft Camera , your reply was informative and well written . I'm sure you well be a great asset to this forum , Welcome .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3