Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My new display stand!

Article about: I just wanted to show my new display box i bought at the auction ,,.it fits everything better and the glass is cleaner ...i kinda mixed it all together so it saved me space....

Default Re: My new display stand!

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Get some 'carpenters glue' and a bunch of thick elastic bands - like the post office uses,
    then re-position and glue the pad back on the foot. You will have to bind the leg with
    the elastic bands to hold the pad in place while the glue dries.

After 24 hours, remove the bands and with a slightly damp cloth,
    remove any extra glue that may have 'oozed' out.............

As for the glass, I wouldn't worry about it. Just turn it into the wall, or position it
    so it is not so noticeable - like next to a sofa arm.......... !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new display stand!
    P
    Many

thats a nice display pammy, the table is really cool
    Best regards
    Nuno

?

Thanks steve,but the pad is fine as thats how it looks!the leg itself if off from the top,as there is a peg that i could try and glue it..well i guess i will try and then sell it at my next yard sale!! As i have a small ranch house and space is a problom...thanks for the help on it!!THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR THE NICE WORDS!!
    Last edited by pammy; 05-30-2010 at 12:53 AM.

Quote by pammy View Post
    Thanks steve,but the pad is fine as thats how it looks!the leg itself if off from the top,as there is a peg that i could try and glue it..well i guess i will try and then sell it at my next yard sale!! As i have a small ranch house and space is a problom...thanks for the help on it!!

Oh.......

I thought the photo was of the bottom part of the leg, and that the pad
    is what was broken off. The whole leg can be glued back on,
    but it is a little more complicated........

Maybe you might know someone who can give you a hand ? ! ?

( It is worth more fixed if you are going to sell it anyway.......! )
    Regards,

Steve.

?

They're great display cabinets and for the price you paid are worth fixing up. Regarding the broken leg, can you screw down through the base of the cabinet and into the top of the leg to fix it? Use wood glue as well and the repair should be invisible and firm.
    Let us know how you get on. Your collection within is excellent too!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Pammy

Very nice items you have in your collection. They look great on display like that

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

hi,i saved the other one by taking the other two legs off carefully and glueing the wood on the top frame as the frame that held the glass was comming apart,and well i took the legs off because it fit real nice on my dresser and if i ever go to sell,or just get more room them i will have them as they look like i could sqrew them in from the top like one of you guys said!well just wanted to show it as the other was a little crowded..!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new display stand!   My new display stand!  

?

the tap is just until the wood glue drys..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new display stand!  

Quote by pammy View Post
    the tap is just until the wood glue drys..
    That is a stunning K98 bayonet Pammy.......................!

Matching numbers ?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

i try not to spend over $50 on the bayonets ,but this one caught my eye when i seen the pretty grips on it it just had a nice look to it and the condition on the bayonet was a close to mint as you could get/well i could get anyway!the leather hanger is marked and in very good condition...thanks steve yes the numbers match will try to get a picture of the black hanger as its marked...thanks again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new display stand!  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast