Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new hobby; Headgear!

Article about: First of, I'm new here and I'd like to say hi to everyone! I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now, and the info I found here was really helpful and interesting. If anyone can provi

?

Default My new hobby; Headgear!

First of, I'm new here and I'd like to say hi to everyone! I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now, and the info I found here was really helpful and interesting.

If anyone can provide me any info as to what type the flying cap is I'd appreciate it. The original owner was a BF109 pilot in Slovakia with 13/JG52, before flying BF109's he flew Avia Biplanes and I have the feeling it may be missing some bits and bobs.

You can see that someone has scraped off the flag on the Belgian M1 (I may restore it, or keep it as a substitute to wear at reenactments. Advice?). Inside the liner is a Belgian Army stamp, and a date which I can't make out (1956 I think.), as well as the number "3" stamped in the center of the liner.

The Vz 53 has leather straps, I've been told it's 1960's era, no idea to be honest.
    It also has, what I assume is a batch number stamped into the back. Oddly it doesn't have the Czech Army seal of approval stamp (two crossed swords.), any additional info would be appreciated.

Comments, thoughts, advice appreciated!

EDIT: I'd like to note, I also collect any relics I can come across, but mainly headgear.

- Nitram
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new hobby; Headgear!   My new hobby; Headgear!  

My new hobby; Headgear!   My new hobby; Headgear!  

My new hobby; Headgear!  
    Last edited by Nitram; 12-27-2011 at 09:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new hobby; Headgear!
    P
    Many