Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My New POW Red Cross Box Display

Article about: Well again thank You to D. ( Jersey) I now probably have the largest display of Red Cross POW Boxes in Canada!! Sorry for the quality of the photos, still trying to work out the new Camera.

?

Default My New POW Red Cross Box Display

Well again thank You to D. ( Jersey) I now probably have the largest display of Red Cross POW Boxes in Canada!!
    Sorry for the quality of the photos, still trying to work out the new Camera.
    The Shelves were newly made to put knic knacs on, however as it is in the Dinning Room, I think this is the best place to display them.
    I may move some of these round before I make my final display, as I hope to find more of the tins that would have been in them. And at some point I will cover the front of the shelves with plexy.

I never knew that there were so many veriations in the Canadian boxes alone, all 6 on the 2 tops shelves have differences in the labels
    And I NEVER knew( but after seeing it, it is logical) That there were Red Cross Medical Boxes for POW..and nor did I know that St. Johns Amb was involved with some.

I just thought all the Boxes from one Country would be the same...well I was wrong, and very glad to know it!!!

The KLIM Can is Great!!! Used by POW for many things including escapes, and the one D. Sent me is just ... well Great!!!

Anyway, AGAIN, this is ONE of the reasons this forum is so Great, collectors helping collectors.

As I have a couple of extras, I can use them for trade ect, or loan them out to temp displays.

It is Hard to believe that 2 months ago I had never seen a real Canadian POW Red Cross Box, not even in the National Military Museum (CWM), now I have 7, 6 are different..plus I have 7 others, American, Scottish, St Johns Amb
    I cannot express how happy and Proud I am to have these, such an important piece of Military History that most over look or know nothing about.

AGAIN, THANK YOU TO THIS FORUM, AND A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO D.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

My New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box Display

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New POW Red Cross Box Display
    P
    Many

Very impressive items. Are these boxes rare?

?

Well, as for the Canadian ones, I have never seen one for sale, and as I said, the Canadian War Museum has a repro on display.

Think of it, what POW would have kept the box? If he did for how long. And at his Liberation, why would he have it.
    As for the ones left at home that were never used, I think they would have been taken apart, the food or Medical Supplies used and the boxes destroyed.
    How many have you seen for sale over the years in the UK?

Regardless..I love these, so important and so forgotten, these Kept the People of the Island of Jersey Alive as others did for our POW.
    It did not matter what Country you were from, all POW received these Boxes for any Country..just luck of the draw what you Box you received

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Looks great! A shelf full of History in your home! Nice collection and one I doubt could be easily replaced!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks Guys!!!!

Dean O

great to see something that's not often collected.

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Very impressive items. Are these boxes rare?
    It is easier finding chicken lips.