Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

My New POW Red Cross Box Display

Article about: As you can see we are doing work on the Kitchen, so I have displayed my WW2 POW Boxes along the top of the Cabs. Dean O Canada

?

Default My New POW Red Cross Box Display

As you can see we are doing work on the Kitchen, so I have displayed my WW2 POW Boxes along the top of the Cabs.

Dean O
    Canada

My New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box DisplayMy New POW Red Cross Box Display

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New POW Red Cross Box Display
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Dean,

Always enjoy seeing your Red Cross Boxes.

Do you not worry about tiny particles from cooking (especially grease) coating the boxes.

Or maybe that is just my cooking that does this?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

We Fry very little in the house, I have had the fan above the stove repaired and I bought grease covers for the frying pans should we fry anything like bacon and eggs, all the other meat ect is cooked on the BBQ year round
    Did you see the US POW Red Cross Box?

Dean O

MAP
    ?

Unfortunately, can't see from the cell phone. Will try tonight.

Good to hear you have it covered.

Note on the fans. We have a heavy duty one above our stove and we cook a lot with a wok so quite a bit of stir frying. Even with the commercial grade fan we need to clean quite a bit.

Just don't want you to potentially harm your collection.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you, as I said we don't do that sort of cooking, so I think the boxes will last as long as I do!!! LOL

Dean O

but don't forget,heat rises.

?

So Can Anger. or so I am told..But I am Not German, so I feel I am OK, JUST A JOKE!!!
    Dean O

?

Nice display.
    Unfortunately humidity in the kitchen will break down the acidic cardboard boxes rather quickly.
    Unless you are only planning to live a few more years I am afraid your boxes will become extremely fragile and start falling apart. The humidity from opening and closing your refrigerator plus the humidity from your sink and faucets will be the killers. Kitchens and bathrooms are the worst places to display many types of collectables especially metals and organic materials and any items with a high acid content.
    While the collection fits the space available very well I am certain you will want to move the items as soon as convenient.

I have to admit, being right over a stove would worry me also. Boiling anything-even when overly careful-will still put alot of moisture in the air, and when talking about 70+ year old printed cardboard, I just would not be comfortable with it. Washing dishes, running water, etc. will eventually effect the containers-not to mention the heat accumulated near the ceilings, especially so in the Summer. Not to mention, too, that they will be awfully troublesome to get access to when trying to dust. A shame, as they look great with the 2 flagons in the middle!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Those 2 contaners are SRD Jugs

Dean O