Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My other hobby....but still WW2 :)

Article about: Hi guys This forum looks like the best place to put this. I thought i'd share with you my other hobby. As a young lad I, like many others of my generation made airfix kits. At that age they

?

Default Re: My other hobby....but still WW2 :)

And last but not least the 1/35 Scale King Tiger. This will eventually go into an Ardennes diorama.

And of course the workbench. You can see the beginings of the next project. It will be an Afrika Korps diorama with two vehicles and about 10 figures. I will probably finish her in about a month or two and post pics.

Heck if you guys are interested I will post a picture of the weekly progress!
    This baby is going to be a beauty!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My other hobby....but still WW2 :)   My other hobby....but still WW2 :)  

My other hobby....but still WW2 :)   My other hobby....but still WW2 :)  

My other hobby....but still WW2 :)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My other hobby....but still WW2 :)
    P
    Many

Very nice ! But you need to sort your bench......it's far too tidy for my liking. A space for working in ? I usually have to move the iron and washing basket that the wife has decided 'belongs' there

hi steve,
    Very good modeling, the details are great you have put a lot of time in to them we can see that. I wish i could make a full scale model that size
    but im restricted to small diarama,s, as iv only got my war room to keep my collection. I to remember the airfix kits and taking them with my mates to see them burn off chiswick bridge london, we also would put the old weed killer in the ships and blow them up. Silly i know but we were boys.
    Do you have any more models to show?
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    hi... I to remember the airfix kits and taking them with my mates to see them burn off chiswick bridge london, we also would put the old weed killer in the ships and blow them up. Silly i know but we were boys.

Dave.

...seen that ..... been there!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Yep they do burn well. Nice black smoke and molten plastic....I have scars where it dripped on me!
    But what does old weed killer do? I have never tried that one.

Hi bmoore,
    When we were kids im talking about post war london, mid
    1950,s, the models were about 5p, 1/-. The weed killer was then flameable, what you would do is carefully mix it with sugar with a stick, but never pack it down as it makes a gas and goes bang. then you put it into the model with a fuze, light the fuze and send it into the next world.
    we also would put it in tins burried in the dirt and light it.
    they made some great craters.
    dave.

You can still get that weedkiller...and it isn't 'flammable'....it is a powerful oxidising agent. In other words, it is actually a relatively weak explosive. Put sugar with it to act as a source of fuel...light it and BANG ! Goodbye fingers

Steve T

Hi steve,
    Yeah you are right, there was many cases of lost fingers and singed eyebrows, but when you are a kid with your mates every thing is stupidly funny. But we live and learn.
    Dave.

Pretty neat stuff you had there. We had cherry bombs and ash cans.

Hi Packin,
    how you doing, cherry bombs sound good how did you make them?. It was pretty good being a kid wasnt it, but when you grow up, and join the army and see what explosives can do it,s a different matter. but hay i still have my hands.
    Dave.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast