Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My previous collection

Article about: by sandgroper Wow, really impressive mate. Thanks! It is not all, as I had quiet different crush caps and parade tunics all different waffenfarbe, I hope to find those pictures as well. |<

Default Re: My previous collection

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    An amzing collection, particularly for a 17 year old! You must have had generous pocket money !!

You must really miss those items !

Nick
    I worked a lot, I was also buying and selling at flea markets and went to every auction house I could.
    At that time we had a dozen of good auction houses in Antwerp. I never payed the full price for a item, for instance the Garde Du Corps helmet I got it from a sales room at the price of 8.000 B fr, that is like 200 €, big money at that time but it was worth like 2000 € .
    We also had a market where stuff of "foreclosure" (don't know if it is the right word....) were sold at the higgest bidder at friday mornings, I skipped school ...I always made (and still are) good deals there.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My previous collection
    P
    Many

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post

You must really miss those items !

Nick
    Never did.....

...until now... seeing those picures again....
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    awsome cars! and even better collection. did you get much for the collection?

cheers,
    -Patrick
    I got ....half....!
    ;-)
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    The family at my mothers side collaborated, the family at my father's side didn't (however I have some doubts....)
    and I must say that even now that I started up again, my father isn't to happy about items with swa's.
    When I was much youger my mum baught me a Dinky Toy Stuka, it even had a bomb that could be dropped and banged with "plaffertjes" (don't know the right translation!!!), one day when I was playing my grandfather took it out of my hands and made it fly a very last time.
    HEHEHE it was my fathers side that collaborated, too much money made out of barges shifting coal along the canals

Hi Kris,

Great collection you had there! But what was the bike? It looks a bit like a Harley WLA or Indian Scout, but a 500 single?? Is it a parts bike, as front forks appear to be more modern than the rest??

Also love the bubble cars, was one a Messerschmitt and the other a Heinkel?? Looks like you'd got your own Luftwaffe!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Could you please give me a little more information on the motorcycle as that by far has to be my favorite piece in your very fine former collection .I see Ned has just beat me to the question

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 09-21-2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: ADD INFO

Hey guy's
    that was a Sarolea Estafette 400, didn't had the permit nore the inssurance because my father would not let me have one. Thise picture was took in front of your house ( I needed the camera to take the picture!!)early in the morning when everybody was a sleep. That was mainly the time I drove it as well (police was sleeping too!). Only my mother new. And I stored it in the garage of a friend nearby.

cheers
    |<ris

?

A very rare bike indeed as I just watched a program that sold one at an auction in Las Vegas and I believe they said there were only a hand full here in North America they were way ahead of there time in research and development and are said to be one of the nicest riding bikes around.

Regards Mark K

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Kris,

Great collection ....

Also love the bubble cars, was one a Messerschmitt and the other a Heinkel?? Looks like you'd got your own Luftwaffe!

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned,
    You are right about the cars, I hope I can find the other pictures, as I had like 50 or 60 cars back then. I had 3 Messermitts, only showing the best. ;-)
    Here is a Fulda and a Gogomobile;

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    A very rare bike indeed as I just watched a program that sold one at an auction in Las Vegas and I believe they said there were only a hand full here in North America they were way ahead of there time in research and development and are said to be one of the nicest riding bikes around.

Regards Mark K
    I swapped it for a suit case!
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast