Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My small Boot collection

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors, here are some boot's from my collection, not particularly rare or exclusive, but all perfectly wearable and equally collectable. Feel free to comment or query,I would w

These type of boots always reminds me of the British WW2.
    Very nice design.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small Boot collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small Boot collection
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    They dont look like small boots !

A fascinating focused collection

Nick
    Hi Nick, many thanks for looking and 99% fit me and I have small feet, so it is sort of a small boot collection

Thanks again,regards Opex

?

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    These type of boots always reminds me of the British WW2.
    Very nice design.

Regards
    Vedran

Hi Vedran, yes you are right that's a very good point I had not thought of before,I wonder if these were issued prior to the US double buckle version?

I do not know if I understand well your question, but I think that these similarities derived from the standardization of equipment used by the Western allies.
    France has its a new army in 1944th, organized with U.S. equipment, and was later itself started to produce similar equipment.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small Boot collection  

I used to have a pair of the 50s issue rangers, really tough hard wearing boots. I think it's those 91 British desert boots that used to fall apart in the heat when the glue melted!...

CBH
    ?

I love the Austrian boots ! Had a pair of German mountain boots years ago but traded them off . Nice group .
    Cheers Chris

superb collection opex ,i like the nam/gw1 jungle boots allthough my eye's are distracted by the nice stacked lid collection around the periferals

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I used to have a pair of the 50s issue rangers, really tough hard wearing boots. I think it's those 91 British desert boots that used to fall apart in the heat when the glue melted!...
    Thanks for looking Gunny, totally agree the Rangers are fairly bomb proof, sadly these squeak badly when I have worn them,which is annoying, and I belive your right the 91 issue Desert boots were based on the DMS soles and fell apart just like the leather versions

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    I love the Austrian boots ! Had a pair of German mountain boots years ago but traded them off . Nice group .
    Cheers Chris
    Thanks Chris, I have worn these for many years as they are very watertight in usage, I have a pair of the German Mountain boots which I believe are 90's issue,and they are very good boots indeed.

Regards Opex

?

Quote by James C View Post
    superb collection opex ,i like the nam/gw1 jungle boots allthough my eye's are distracted by the nice stacked lid collection around the periferals

Thanks mate, I appreciate the comments, the Jungle boots are current issue Wellco made ( also worn by British troops) the Gulf War Desert versions were sourced from my local surplus store a few years back, and still had a load of dirt/sand in them.

The helmets make a nice backdrop to an otherwise chaotic storage system for example:

My small Boot collection
    My small Boot collection

One day I will sort it all out as all the bags and boxes contain surplus that I am not even 100% sure of what the contents are

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast