very nice collection "the pacific" was a brilliant series

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: My small collection

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice quality display ,on ebay uk you can pick up british cd helmets at a good price and they look great displayed with a period mask does your us cd helmet have any insignia sorry i dont mean to hijack your thread i just want to show you the display posibilities heres a pic of my cd helmets with gas masks my american cd helmet is red for some reason if you are worried about damaging the inside of the lids just sit the helmet on a thin piece of foam to seperate from the stand thanks james Attachment 234200
    No need to apologize! I have seen the thread dedicated to your collection and was amazed! I wish I had the room for a proper display... still living at home, unfortunately.

My American OCD helmet says "Shelton" on it. I'm assuming Shelton is the name of a town, company, or individual who was a member of the OCD.

I've always been interested in gas masks, but haven't started collecting them yet.

Quote by talltom View Post
    very nice collection "the pacific" was a brilliant series

tom
    Thanks for the kind words! I enjoyed "The Pacific", too! I would love to go on a battlefield tour to see the places depicted in Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific.

I like your collection as well, and it seems you made your own custom stands, reason i ask is because I do the same as well..nice job. Only advice I would give is to shorten the length of the bars, the helmets seem to high off the base and makes them look smaller then they are. Cheers

you can see them here My collection of Helmets -1913/1945

Quote by Mapuche Warrior View Post
    I like your collection as well, and it seems you made your own custom stands, reason i ask is because I do the same as well..nice job. Only advice I would give is to shorten the length of the bars, the helmets seem to high off the base and makes them look smaller then they are. Cheers

you can see them here My collection of Helmets -1913/1945
    I actually bought the stands from a guy who makes displays for medieval armor. I guess a knight's helmet is a lot larger than a WW2 lid. I know I need to cut them down... but for the time being I want to keep them long so I can make use of the space under them for additional display space. Space is currently at a premium for me....

Hi

Great collection!

Thanks for the kind words!

Here is a pic of the current state of my display! I added the authentic Reelect F.D.R. Campaign poster, a 1940s cigar box felt flag, Japanese flag... and some other things.

My small collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2