Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My small collection!

Article about: Hello all, I'm new to the forum, and I thought I'd join in and post a couple of pics of my little collection. I've only been collecting for just over 6 months. I was made redundant on 24th D

Default Re: My small collection!

Glad you found something !

Now, before you go back again you need to narrow down your search area. Have as look at these aerial maps.

File:Burtonwood-1945.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.mywarrington.me.uk/burton...ssociation.JPG

In the first one, try and see if the following area is still 'accessible'. Where the runway is running directly N/S in the middle of the photo, to the west of the junction of the runways you can clearly see 4 or 5 'spectacles'. Try and search between them and the runway. Also, see if you can locate the area around the hangers to the SW corner. Should be stuff around them. Lastly, that area of buildings to the west looks like barracks....a good area to search.

And like Dimas and Big Ned say....try and find the rubbish tip for the airbase. It'll be crammed with stuff !

Looking forward to seeing your finds.

Steve T

PS Go on control towers website and search for bases in your area. Bound to be more.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small collection!
    P
    Many

Hello chaps,

I've decided for a change in direction for my collection. I'm selling off most of my aircrash relics, helmets ect. I'm now concentrating on deacs, bayonets and inert amunition. I know this'll be more expensive, but hey ho... I never do things the easy way!

Here's a list of the things I've got up for auction, including a nice AMC 41 helmet, and a stunning ME109 tyre.

eBay Seller: ww2 relic hunter: Collectables items on eBay.co.uk

Feel free to have a bid!

Hey guys, just thought I'd post pics of my ammended collection! Now it is SMALL!

All the other peices I had are now up for auction on ebay eBay Seller: ww2 relic hunter: Collectables items on eBay.co.uk and I'm now concentrating on de-activated firearms and ammunition.

Don't worry guys, all the rounds with heads on have been completely de-activated! They've been soaked in oil, had the heads removed and the gun powder disposed of.

The brass artillery shells are in need of a good polish... I've only just bought the glass cabinet, so everything was mauled when i loaded it up.

It doesnt look a lot, but I think its pretty good considering I'm selling of the other 90% of my collection! I'll have a cabinet like SteveT in no time at all!! Only jokin matey!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small collection!   My small collection!  

My small collection!   My small collection!  

My small collection!  

Hi Woody
    That,s a nice collection of gear there. Thanks for showing.Hope you have luck in your new collecting venture.

Martin

Hi Woodyk!And what about a trip to Normandy in 2010 in order to dig on the sites I've found for Steve T?I can offer you a very tastefull piece of french cooking,some good bottles of wine,and something that looks like a bed...My house is small but my tailor is rich !It could be a interesting stop for you on the road to the D-Day's areas,distant from about 110 km from my house ?
    By the way,did your baby boy recover all his strenghs?

Stormtrooper
    ?

Hello Woody, Nice stuff you have! I love the Rifle. You have some really nice Showcases too.Let us know what you bring back from the AirBase. BTW, Who is the man in your Avitar photo!
    All the Best to you, Stormtrooper

Morning all. Just thought I'd add pictures of my guns to this thread!

Lee

PPsH41

Lee Enfield No4

Bren Gun MkI
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small collection!   My small collection!  

has anybody else ever tried on burtonwood?? regardless as to weather the hangers have now sadly gone there are pleanty of areas left to search.
    got to be worth a look hasn't it ??????

Hi Mate
    Yep been down twice a while ago & never got far before 1: having a farmer turn up asking me to leave & 2: seeing signs go up saying no public right of way. The land is up for development nd they have security based at the new offices to the south of the site!

I have recently sent an email to the land owner....... NO reply

I work next to the Airfield at Porcelanosa so will keep an eye on the situation

cheers for the reply mate

i will ask the farmer myself when i get a min i usualy do ok with them as my best mates dads the chairman of the farmers association

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3