Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

my small iraqi display

Article about: Good display deserve a good comment...!!...nice collection of helmets..I have an old British Army Para lid you can have!!!..I found it when I was cleaning out the loft!! It's a modern day li

?

Default Re: my small iraqi display

Good display deserve a good comment...!!...nice collection of helmets..I have an old British Army Para lid you can have!!!..I found it when I was cleaning out the loft!! It's a modern day lid a bit battered but you can still tell it is a Helmet with cover lol... Cheers Terry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my small iraqi display
    P
    Many

para lid sounds great tez i never did pick one of these up ,you are very kind to offer but i couldnt possibly take it off you ,maybe you should hang on to it for posterity ,if im correct this is the type similar to the brit mk6 but somewhat smaller profile ,i believe it was first used in northern ireland way back in 76 albeit with a different chin strap arrangement also ive heard the last variant was much more comfier than the later mk 7
    Regards James

?

It isn't the one I've used to jump out of C-130s with...I think I found this 1 on my travels!!!...It is battered but if you want it ? it yours just postage which shouldn't be more 6 quid!!!!.I can't do anything until at least July so get saving !!! lol.. We used to wear them on the ranges but now we have better helmets with better protection...I think this 1 is polystyrene...with the correct chin strap....I don't need it I would rather it go to a half decent collector than sit in the loft collecting dust...I think it would like being sat with all the other helmets too!!! lonely in the loft lol...Cheers Terry.

in that case terry i will gladly accept,i will start saving my pennies ta very much, it will go to a good home ,slightly personal question but can i ask if you were at operation granby
    Regards James

?

No not Op Granby..we were attached to 5 Airborne Brigade for that time & never got used!! Lots of tabbing across the Plain & that was my war effort there........Plenty other scraps but not that one?? Cheers Terry.

many thanks terry ,its always great to hear first hand accounts ,the greatest of respect ,james
    Regards James

?

Plenty more war stories too be told !!! lol. Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2