Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My small Japanese collection.

Article about: by ghp95134 独歩一五五 Doppo 155 [I'm not certain of the exact translation, but I'd say "Independent Infantry 155" 田中光正* T

Default Re: My small Japanese collection.

Great sword, and a great looking display.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small Japanese collection.
    P
    Many

Thanks Greg and Steve.
    I am happy with the results.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice sword! In my experience it is rare to see any kind of unit information marked on a sword. Your sword looks to have a unit marking on the interior of the leather combat cover. It basically says "Independent Infantry 155" There is a strong possibility that this could be the 155th Independent Infantry Battalion. They were part of the 28th Independent Mixed Brigade, which was activated in the fall of 1943 in Java using the 14th Independent Garrison as its core unit. The former owner's family name is Tanaka.

Tom

Hello, wonderful!!
    For us, in Europe, it's difficult to have such things, only German items..

- - Updated - -

Hello, wonderful!!

Quote by tomp View Post
    Nice sword! In my experience it is rare to see any kind of unit information marked on a sword. Your sword looks to have a unit marking on the interior of the leather combat cover. It basically says "Independent Infantry 155" There is a strong possibility that this could be the 155th Independent Infantry Battalion. They were part of the 28th Independent Mixed Brigade, which was activated in the fall of 1943 in Java using the 14th Independent Garrison as its core unit. The former owner's family name is Tanaka.

Tom
    Thank you very much for the information Tom. That would coincide with the comments posted on WAF a while ago.
    http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...nese+NCO+Sword
    "the name looks like Tanaka Mitsumasa (left side) single step 155 (independent army 155???)"
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello, wonderful!!
    Thank you!
    Ralph.

One has to wonder just where the few nicks in the blade came from. These were Not ceremonial swords and the Japanese couldn't wait to use them for real and did so at most given opportunities. But, on the other hand, most GI's bringing them back for souvenirs also could not resist "chopping" something with them. An excellent named sword, in any case and no doubt one with a fascinating history to it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Great display Ralph and I like the way you've used the flag, the dowel idea is a very good one.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

great looking display!!

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    One has to wonder just where the few nicks in the blade came from. These were Not ceremonial swords and the Japanese couldn't wait to use them for real and did so at most given opportunities. But, on the other hand, most GI's bringing them back for souvenirs also could not resist "chopping" something with them. An excellent named sword, in any case and no doubt one with a fascinating history to it.
    Thanks William!
    Actually, I couldn't resist either.
    I just made sure it was something that wouldn't leave a trace.
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast