Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Tiny Collection :)

Article about: Very nice collection ! Keep it up ! You will be surprised how fast a collection can grow ! Kind regards Alex

?

Default Re: My Tiny Collection :)

Very nice collection ! Keep it up ! You will be surprised how fast a collection can grow !

Kind regards
    Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Tiny Collection :)
    P
    Many

A very nice start to collecting!

I'd recommend using a "real" camera to take pictures of the pieces of your collection rather than a webcam. Web cam quality isn't great, and they tend to reverse the image ... makes reading maker marks, etc. a little tricky.

LET'S SEE THAT COLLECTION GROW! GOOD LUCK!

Hey, nice collection, i think your veterans buttonhole badge could stand a chance here is a similar one i have found:
    Stahlhelmbund Member Badge 1930 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Also here is a pic of my DJ buttonhole badge with a similar backing
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiny Collection :)   My Tiny Collection :)  

KSH
    ?

Nice little collection in general I must say! Unfortunately I am not too crazy about your 1930 Stahlhelm membership pin though. The one showed on WAF is of a very low quality and nothing I would trust at all. But I will not condemn your badge until MUCH better photos/scans are provided. Real Stahlhelm pins are actually of very high manufacture quality. I only have a 1924 pin which I will post below - the reverse aside, this is the kind of quality you are looking for. If your badge indeed resembles the one on WAF regarding the obverse details, I am very skeptical to put it mildly.

One question: The Stahlhelm itself (the physical steel helmet on the badge) is punched out separately on originals and shear marks should be present along the lower edge of the helmet, just above the enamel. Are shear marks present in this location?

My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)

As a postscriptum I would like to note that if the "Stahlhelmbund" is believed to be just another veteran's organisation by members on this forum, I suggest some reading is due. This organisation had both paramilitary and political implications for the time it was part of.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I really appreciate it! Unfortunately, this years christmas didn't bring me any militaria Oh well, maybe I will get some money to buy with! Gizmo, I will when I get the chance!

Re: the stalhelm badge, it is the same one pictured in the link that Glenn provided us, even to the year date. The back of mine also says ges.gesch and H aurich dresden. It is light, like aluminum, or zinc maybe? I suspect it as a fake Yes, the helmet is a seperate piece that has been attached.

I will update with some more pics soon

Thanks!
    Quinn

KSH
    ?

Quote by matthewsq View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement guys, I really appreciate it! Unfortunately, this years christmas didn't bring me any militaria Oh well, maybe I will get some money to buy with! Gizmo, I will when I get the chance!

Re: the stalhelm badge, it is the same one pictured in the link that Glenn provided us, even to the year date. The back of mine also says ges.gesch and H aurich dresden. It is light, like aluminum, or zinc maybe? I suspect it as a fake Yes, the helmet is a seperate piece that has been attached.

I will update with some more pics soon

Thanks!
    Quinn
    What I am in interested to know is not whether the steel helmet is a separate piece or not - what I am interested to know is whether this steel helmet has been cast or punched/stamped out - from the WAF photos it really looks like a bad faker's casting job to me. If it has been stamped/punched out there will be cutting marks (shear marks) left over from this process. I here supply a very ugly MS paint drawing I did quickly to illustrate where to look for these marks (I am afraid my photo equipment will not allow me take photos of such minute details).

This image gives you a general idea of what shear marks might look like. The marks are the very fine lines running vertically across the edge of this badge and its pin:

But as I have already stated I am quite confident that your badge unfortunately is a fake, but I always want all the facts presented first, just to make sure.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2