Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Tiny Third Reich Collection

Article about: Hi guys, I wanted to show my tiny collection that I built over the last year or so. As a student, my budget was fairly limited, so I tried to focus on the classics and to be as true to the w

?

Nice collection of items

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Tiny Third Reich Collection
    P
    Many

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nicely done. All very nice Items that will not need upgrading!
    Thank you! This is exactly what I was going for.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Nice items and great pics.. G
    Thanks It was my first time actually handling a good camera :P I had to take like 200 pictures so that a handful of them could be decent haha.

Thanks to everyone else as well for the nice comments! It means a lot as I look up to a lot of you guys!

JMM
    ?

Very nice collection. Congrats and thanks for showing

Very nice helmet and collection.Be proud of it

?

great quality pieces, very nice start to your collection and well photographed. Look forward to seeing more in the future. Cheers.

Hi, very nice items you have, keep on the good work, regards

lovely helmet i wish i had one too

?

Thanks so much to everyone I am still interested in hearing what you guys' favorites are.

Quote by herrzark View Post
    Very nice helmet and collection.Be proud of it
    I somewhat am, but coming to this forum is a very humbling experience!

Quote by birkie View Post
    great quality pieces, very nice start to your collection and well photographed. Look forward to seeing more in the future. Cheers.
    Very nice of you, thank you

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    lovely helmet i wish i had one too
    Why don't you get one?

?

Just a little update. My setup is now completed as it was intended.

The helmet display is a custom one. I did the specs for it and had the glass and shelf done seperately. In the end the whole thing costed 135 CAD (just over 100 USD). The shelf is sandpapered & painted MDF. The glass is 6mm thick and the silicone job is excellent. For its length, the total weight is somewhat heavy at around 35 pounds, so it is screwed directly in a stud. It is mounted to the wall using a thick metal plate.

Initially, I had four propaganda posters and they were on the red wall, but I add to move two of them to the right to make place for the shadowbox and helmet. I figured I had enough room for another one, so I ended up adding the "Infanterie, Koenigin aller Waffen" poster. I was lucky enough to find the exact same frame I bought four of about a year ago.

All in all, I am very happy with the result. Because I was trying to keep costs down as much as possible, every step took a lot of time, so I'm glad that the project is about done. If you want to know more about the shadowbox, I have a thread about it here.

As you can see from my digital clock on the left, this is right next to my bed. I like waking up to this every morning and having to stare at it while I get ready for the day. I'm really living and enjoying my passion through this small collection that is so precious to me.

I'd like to know what you fellow collectors think!

My Tiny Third Reich Collection

Very cool! Surely your collecting won't stop now?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast