MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My U.S WW2 collection. Mainly POW and KIA Medal groupings

Article about: M1 Carbine. Underwood manufactured in 1943. Has that "well used" look but serial on stock matches the one on the metal. It seems that these were fairly common a few years back, may

?

Default Re: My U.S WW2 collection. Mainly POW and KIA Medal groupings

This PFC was a member of Co. A 19th Combat Engineers. He was KIA 21/1/1944 at San Angelo, Italy at the RAPIDO RIVER crossing.
    I have his photocopied records which show smoke and fire damage from the catastrophic Nation Archives fire in 1973.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My U.S WW2 collection. Mainly POW and KIA Medal groupings   My U.S WW2 collection. Mainly POW and KIA Medal groupings  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My U.S WW2 collection. Mainly POW and KIA Medal groupings
    P
    Many

?

SGT 80th Inf Div 317th Inf Reg.
    KIA 17/9/1944.
    On this day the 317th were on Hill 351 just west of Morey, France, and east of the Moselle River. There were a heavy casualties on that hill, and there is reason to believe that some may have died from friendly artillery fire. The Germans had gotten hold of an American radio, and some believed that they managed to call in an American artillery strike on American positions but I have not found solid proof of this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My U.S WW2 collection. Mainly POW and KIA Medal groupings   My U.S WW2 collection. Mainly POW and KIA Medal groupings  

?

I haven't had much time recently to add more to the thread but here are 2 more for now...
    Born. Feb. 5, 1917
    KIA. May 4, 1944
    179 Inf Reg 45th Inf Div
    Killed in the vicinity of the Anzio Beachhead, Italy.

Attached Images Attached Images My U.S WW2 collection. Mainly POW and KIA Medal groupings 

?

Co. M 172nd Inf Reg 43rd Inf Div
    KIA 11/6/1945 Luzon. P.I
    Died from head injuries from grenade fragments.

?

Rob outstanding collection! where do you pick them all up!? i cant find them anywhere

?

Its not easy, Rory. Especially "over here". Most come from dealers and contacts in the U.S, a few came from a fellow collector in the U.K and I actually found named 8th AF Purple heart and Air Medal pair on Ebay UK a few years back, which was a massive surprise as they NEVER show up on Ebay UK.

?

Yea quite hard i know, i am always cautious on ebay tho as ive had a fake kia group on there a few years ago now i posted it on the forum here, there was a ss bs and ph along with paper work. Apparently for a while some guy was selling loads of fake engraved medals, but he put the last name first then the first names.

?

Quote by rory View Post
    Yea quite hard i know, i am always cautious on ebay tho as ive had a fake kia group on there a few years ago now i posted it on the forum here, there was a ss bs and ph along with paper work. Apparently for a while some guy was selling loads of fake engraved medals, but he put the last name first then the first names.
    Ah yes the "match some medals with fake engraving to genuine paperwork" trick. Ruins perfectly good medals in the process.

?

yep totally ruined them and they were nice medals, i thought the paperwork looked ok like, heres the link https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...-group-100943/

?

Private First Class.
    411th Inf Reg, 103rd Inf Div
    KIA 27th November 1944 Vosges Sector. France.
    Shell fragment wound to the head.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast