Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My Veterans Day tribute

Article about: Hi All, I felt today was an appropriate day to show the small display I made for my father, he served during the early part of the korean war and was one of the very few to get out alive fro

Default My Veterans Day tribute

Hi All, I felt today was an appropriate day to show the small display I made for my father, he served during the early part of the korean war and was one of the very few to get out alive from the battle at chosin reservoir, when he did talk about it , it was horrifying to hear what he went through at 18 yrs old. He lived a full life but sadly passed away from cancer 5 years ago, and I miss him badly.
    The helmet in the photos is a tribute helmet that was done by a good man named nick from top pots. Hope you like it and may all the souls alive and dead find peace caused by the horrors of war.

P.S- anyone wanting to add thier own tribute displays may do so here.
    My Veterans Day tributeMy Veterans Day tributeMy Veterans Day tributeMy Veterans Day tribute

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Veterans Day tribute
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Veterans Day tribute

Very nice, your Dad has my respect!...

Thank you

?

Fitting tribute.

To gain some small perspective of the absolute horror of the conflict and what was endured, I suggest watching the following documentary. I was available on net flix a little while ago, and may still be available.

My Veterans Day tribute

Very nice tribute helmet. Respect and admiration for your father as well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

maximus71

I'm sorry you lost your father, God bless his soul and we thank him for his service.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Chosin is an excellent documentary, Ive watched it a few times, I was hoping to catch a glimpse of my father in it but his only claim to fame is having his picture in LIFE magazine while he was in the hospital recovering from the frostbite, I literally had to search every page of life magazine from Dec 50 through 51 to find it since he vagualy remembered it and never kept a copy, but at least its something cool to have now.