Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

My War Room Progress.

Article about: So this weekend I finally managed to get most of my (ever expanding) collection into dedicated cabinets with proper lighting. I'd gone down the well trodden Detolf path but after having issu

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice work there Andrew. Much better than what I can do
    Me too. I seem to create clutter..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My War Room Progress.
    P
    Many

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Hi WW2headgearlover, sorry for the late reply - I only just saw your post. That's a good idea for more space!

Not sure if the bottom is flat or recessed but either way as long as they were stable I think they would like great one on top of one another and still wouldn't be too tall.

Thanks for the suggestion,
    Andrew
    I can picture it now 4 cabinets stacked with that nice lighting wow!!

WW2headgearlover, I can picture that too! Not sure if I mention it but the cabinets come in three colours cream, grey and black/blue powder coat. If I was going for the stacked exhibit I’d definitely want to affix them to the wall with the fitting provided but mine are very stable so no need.

Keep with the ones you have the contrast looks good.

If you do decide to stack them, you could always anchor the upper ones to the wall. Would help prevent any potential mishaps in future.

Regards, B.B.

I really like this the cabinets/display case are perfect! I know I’m really late lol but how’s the war room looking now!?!

Thanks Giants,

I have a lot more helmets in there now and a couple of relics I will move into storage. I was also thinking of putting another shelf on top for more space but think it may ruin the look so will most likely build shelves elsewhere.

I got these from IKEA and they were really quick to construct - about 20 minutes - and come in a few other colours. The lighting is battery operated and I need to install a better setup at some point. I’ll try to take a few photos when I have installed the new system.

Andy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5