Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My War Room - An update

Article about: Hi all Well, it is nearly a year since I set out my war room in my new house and it has changed quite a bit since then. As a result, I thought I'd share some new pictures of the room so you

Default My War Room - An update

Hi all

Well, it is nearly a year since I set out my war room in my new house and it has changed quite a bit since then. As a result, I thought I'd share some new pictures of the room so you can see the collection I have amassed, almost entirely from digging in the UK.

Please note that all ordnance shown is completely inert, and all complete rounds shown are also inert.

Here we go.......

Main cupboard first, with close ups of each shelf.

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

Second cabinet, and close up of shelves. All of the stuff in this cupboard has come from one site, a British army dump.

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

Small cabinets 1 (finds from USAAF base), and 2 (POW camp finds and some bits from Europe).

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

Small display cabinet, (finds from various RAF dumps, a gunnery range and another POW camp).

My War Room - An update

Big display cabinet. A few bits at the very top from the army dump, some 1/6th scale weapon models, then everything inside the cabinet is from one USAAF dump site.

My War Room - An update

Close up of the stuff...

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

My War Room - An update

A couple of small display cases. Left hand side is a USAAF gunner range finds, right side is a USAAF bombing range, (bottom), and an RAF base dump, (top). Complete 50 round belt of WW2 dated German 7.92mm ammo on top of the case.

My War Room - An update

Close up of the bomb pistols.

My War Room - An update

Display table with magazines, (20rnd & 30rnd Thompson, Sten, M1 carbine, BAR, Lee-Enfield, Bren, Garand, Springfield and Lee-Enfield stripper clips, MG34 50 rnd drum with 50 WW2 dated inert rounds), and three display cases. Top case are finds from the army dump and US gunnery range, bottom two are finds from a gunnery range.

My War Room - An update

Closer look....

My War Room - An update

Closer look.....

My War Room - An update

My 'big' pieces and display pieces. Please note that as I stated above, all rounds are inert and the 50cals are standard ball rounds that have been restored by myself to show the different colour tips commonly used during WW2, they are not 'real' AP or Incen rounds !!! Artillery shell is a 25lber base ejecting smoke round. 6lber AP shell and the remains of a 75mm AP shell. 40mm solid aluminium drill round. Also shown are German 20mm, (Solothurn and MG151), British Oerlikon 20mm and Hispano-Suiza drill, 2lber, 40mm, 37mm, 40mm, 75mm and 25lber shell cases.

My War Room - An update

Lastly, my books and, if you look closely, other bits and bobs. Artillery shell is another 25lber base ejecting smoke round, married to a 25lber shell with the same date as the fuze, found at a carboot

My War Room - An update

And that's it, apart from the cabinets in the garage. I'll photograph them another day

Hope you like my collection.

Cheers

Steve T

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My War Room - An update
    P
    Many

Default Re: My War Room - An update

A very impressive display, and I presume many hours of soaking and cleaning!
    Thanks for sharing your photos, it gives me some ideas for my collection,

Chris.

?

Top room mate

mpw
    ?

As a digger myself I can appreciate the many hours of toil in all weathers you have put in to build such an impressive collection.

Mark.

?

Very very impressive. As an old detectorist i find every little thing in your displays interesting. But i have no possibility to display my stuff like you, so watching your treasures made me very happy.

Thanks for sharing.

Very cool Steve.
    A lot of hard work and dedication, finding and cleaning all those nice pieces.
    Congrats on a great war room.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

are you single

Thanks guys

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    are you single
    Nope....got a very understanding wife

What an excellent display Steve, just amazes me how much stuff you've squeezed into that room of yours, the fruits of many years work. It looks neat and tidy, nicely labeled and thought out.
    But I do see one problem, Where you going to put all your future relic finds?
    LS

I've got a big garage and there is still plenty of ceiling and floor space in the war room

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast