Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

my ww2 collection

Article about: hi folks heres some pics of my collection so far ,the thompson was scratch built by my father many moons ago, i think in a collection less is more so i didnt want to clutter up each display

Default Re: my ww2 collection

thank you ww2 collector its not a very big collection of headgear but i just wanted to have examples of the main players in the war , your welcome to try the same display it can be relatively cheap to make when i started cladding the loft space i had these recesses in mind although back then i had different helmet tastes samuria etc ,i used up old chipboard wardrobes i had knocking about and the matchboard is very cheap per pack ,hope this helps , james

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my ww2 collection
    P
    Many

heres an updated pic some cufftitles and comrades armbandmy ww2 collection

Hi James, while a novel display item, I would be concerned with cloth items being in contact with metal with potential damp/rust problems.

Cheers, Ade.

advice appreciated adrian and taken onboard i will have to think of a better way to display any ideas anybody?

I like how the stiehlhangranate is holding up you luft helmet, it looks pretty cool. : )

I have to agree with Ade though, while it's pretty clever I wouldn't recommend displaying the cloth items on anything metal.

Very nice collection love the raleigh burner brings back memories of many cuts and bruises and bunny hops!!! lol

Very clever display. Maybe put some clear plastic sleeves around the gasmask tin and then the cloth cuff titles over that so there is no cloth to metal contact?
    I love the clean and well lit look of your display!

thanks obkrieger i spotted the idea for mounting the helmet on the stick grenade on this here forum thanks it complements it well ,airwarrior the bike was my ride back in 86 but its had a full refurb including a new coat of superchrome and thanks tampalam for the nice comments i think i might adopt your idea that way i get to keep it looking the same but with the protection from the plasic film thanks again james

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3