Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

new helmet display

Article about: Finally got a chance to get a new display for my helmets, hope you like it.

yes, the photo is of my great grandfather who served during ww2 and was in the phillipines and okinawa. I wanted to get the uniform in the picture to display with the photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images new helmet display 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement new helmet display
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Nice collection, Danny!

One small advice, hope you don't mind.

For the paper liner, it is best place it upside down (especially with a shell) , the rim will gradually get broken off eventually, since it's already have certain damage .

Cheers!
    Taka
    Thanks Taka-san, Always a fount of information!

I never thought of that!!! Gonna fix that issue tonight with my Hawley

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have a paper liner myself and it came with a shell, so I would not like the weight of the shell "crushing" on the rim of the liner.

Lot of the paper liner have rim damages, and I believe many of them were not placed or treated properly.

I'm not displaying the helmet so what I did is get a clear good quality plastic bag, put the shell in it and put the liner in another same type of bag.

Then gently place it inside the shell, so there will be double protection. Last position the helmet upside down, put some soft materials like towels underneath, so it won't move around.

Just my way of preserving some fragile objects.

Regards,
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    I have a paper liner myself and it came with a shell, so I would not like the weight of the shell "crushing" on the rim of the liner.

Lot of the paper liner have rim damages, and I believe many of them were not placed or treated properly.

I'm not displaying the helmet so what I did is get a clear good quality plastic bag, put the shell in it and put the liner in another same type of bag.

Then gently place it inside the shell, so there will be double protection. Last position the helmet upside down, put some soft materials like towels underneath, so it won't move around.

Just my way of preserving some fragile object.

Regards,
    Taka
    I display mine but have a helmet stand that I could put this on. Thanks for this info as always.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Excellent presentation method of displaying your collection which I would imagine sat there looking at the shelving unit would be very satisfying,well done and thanks for showing them

great idea, I may think about doing that as the lip of the hawley is damaged but is an important part of the helmet because the soldier wrote "war is hell" on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images new helmet display 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3