Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New members collection

Article about: Here is a clear picture.

?

Default Re: New members collection

VERY NICE IS THIS BOB THE TREE GUY?IAM CLOSE ENOUGH I MIGHT HAVE TO STOP OVER AND CHECK YOUR THINGS OUT,,,,YOUR COLECTION THAT IS...WELCOME!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New members collection
    P
    Many

Sorry, not BOB, but thanks for your comments.

Welcome and thanks for sharing some great items with us.

It is an addication I am an addic too!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi,could you show a closer picture of the marine knife ,i think thats what hanking up ,they are real nice and there always at the autions i go to...thanks and again thanks for sharing your nice things.....

Here they are, I believe it's the commando version of the k-bar, it's marked k-bar olean ny on the cross guard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New members collection   New members collection  

New members collection  

?

Thanks!!!thats pretty nice as i never ran across that name/typ as i love the hadle color brown top and bottom ,,,that might be a harder one to find,or i just never seen it?i did get one at the aution and its all black and has kay-bar.. I get them for $100 and under and i think they will go up as i think they are way under priced,,here is mine hope you dont mind me putting this on your post?if you dont want it ade ,would be nice enough to take it off..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New members collection   New members collection  

Very nice ka-bar, and your right, they will only go up in price, any requests for close ups of any of my things are welcome and I'm sorry for the misspelling, my knife says ka-bar.

?

Thanks! I think i see a small eagle in there ?is it ss ?thanks again....

I'll jump in for a second if you all don't mind.......,

These are both considered fighting and utility knives. The 'black' ones are modern, but there are also 'brown' handled ones that are modern too....The thing to look for is the maker on the riccasso of the blade, (the flat part) and you have to know what to look for, as far as the type of lettering used etc....When the lettering appears on the crossguard, it was made later in the war, providing it is of WWII vintage.

Pammy's knife is a modern 'MK II'(OR, it's an original knife in a modern sheath !)
    while yours, Bowlin, is a WWII USN 'MK I' with a grey parkerised blade.

There are many U.S. makers of both types of knives, and numerous variations !

Hope you didn't mind the rant..........

Regards, Steve.

?

Hi steve,so mine is not ww2?i posted it and they told me it was,and the numbers on the back are not the year ,as they are his id number,,you could be right not sure?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New members collection  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast