Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New SS additions

Article about: I also believe his copies were not that good. Sean Barry-Weske - Biography Nick

Default Re: New SS additions

blowing the picture up, and however losing some resolution, he may be seeing the suspension ring as a problem?

difficult to tell from this photo, but the pebbling effect needs to be looked at too, i suppose.

but the jump ring doesn't look right from THIS picture. probably we should see better ones before further comment. the ring just may look odd because of the photo... maybe it's replaced.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SS additions
    P
    Many

Mark is correct unfortunately Dave. I have just zoomed in and the suspension ring is wrong

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

damn. i was at least trying to hold out hope for a better photo, but with 3 guys seeing the same thing, there is an issue here.

?

Here is my original for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New SS additions   New SS additions  

I looked at that originally but comparing it to one on the collectors guild it is identical. The iPhone is a problem as the pics aren't very clear but in hand this medal looks very good. I will try to take some better pics tomorrow of the front and back of the medal and how it is attached to the ribbon etc..

- - Updated - -

Hang on I'll just jump out of bed and have a quick look......

the above example shows the "beveled" effect to the jump ring we're looking for but not seeing in the provided photo.

comment on the pebbling i don't feel comfortable with here because i just can't get a good feel for it from the photo provided but again, in the example just posted... that's what we're looking for.

- - Updated - -

jumping out of bed to check militaria: yep. i've done that before.

Shit, I think your right! What a bastard, oh well, that's going back to where it came from. The bloke I bought it from will take it back at least, he's pretty good like that, it's just dissapointing because I was certain it was good. Thanks gents, I appreciate your advice and help.

no problem. get back in bed and return it in the morning! ha ha

?

also the 5 ribs at the bottom of the wreath are not so individual as yours seem too be , they look more worn like on my one . this was always another way for me at least too tell if original . I hate telling someone something they have just bought is bad but better that than paying good money for a fake .

Quote by HD1450 View Post
    also the 5 ribs at the bottom of the wreath are not so individual as yours seem too be , they look more worn like on my one . this was always another way for me at least too tell if original . I hate telling someone something they have just bought is bad but better that than paying good money for a fake .
    Daves has 6 ribs or is it my eyesight ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast