Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New SS additions

Article about: I also believe his copies were not that good. Sean Barry-Weske - Biography Nick

Default Re: New SS additions

It actually has the pebbling but it is very fine. I can see a difference in the bottom part of the wreath where the bottom of the runes are, mine has more like lines where your example has a completely different look.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SS additions
    P
    Many

Great items wish i had them, well done!

Yes, it definately has six ribs.

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Daves has 6 ribs or is it my eyesight ?

Nick
    you are correct nick

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    cheers for the link Nick , clears this up now , sorry for Dave though !

Thanks for pointing it out, I would have been none the wiser and the last thing I want is a fake in my collection, they have no history. It is my own fault, it was bought on impulse because I saw it there, I didn't do any research and I had very limited knowledge on these medals. Everything else in the cabinet I bought from reputable sources and I did some reseach of my own first. I am fortunate because I will be able to return this thing but I just learned a valuble lesson, run everything by the forum first! Thanks once again boys, I'll be more careful in future.

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Thanks for pointing it out, I would have been none the wiser and the last thing I want is a fake in my collection, they have no history. It is my own fault, it was bought on impulse because I saw it there, I didn't do any research and I had very limited knowledge on these medals. Everything else in the cabinet I bought from reputable sources and I did some reseach of my own first. I am fortunate because I will be able to return this thing but I just learned a valuble lesson, run everything by the forum first! Thanks once again boys, I'll be more careful in future.
    Glad you can get your money back Dave , like i said i hate being the bearer of bad news but if it ain't good it ain't worth s#it ! I always run things by the forums as it can often save alot of heartache & money Mark

I personally would not touch a ss or a nazi party long service medal with a barge pole.the reason is in the very early 70s a guy called shaun weske was having them made and they where exact copies,no way to tell the difference.sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I personally would not touch a ss or a nazi party long service medal with a barge pole.the reason is in the very early 70s a guy called shaun weske was having them made and they where exact copies,no way to tell the difference.sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys.
    Weske faked everything from LW badges, KM badges, Heer badges, EKs, cases, cloth items etc etc etc . You wouldnt collect anything if you were worried about his fakes

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast