Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New SS additions

Article about: I also believe his copies were not that good. Sean Barry-Weske - Biography Nick

Default Re: New SS additions

I also believe his copies were not that good.

Sean Barry-Weske - Biography

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SS additions
    P
    Many

with a six rib fake the pebbling will be there but much coarser than in an original.

How sad to be so scared of fakes that you never collect at all. Perhaps I should wrap myself in cotton wool, hide under the bed and pray the roof doesn't collapse.

Great SS collection otherwise Dave, you should be proud.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    How sad to be so scared of fakes that you never collect at all. Perhaps I should wrap myself in cotton wool, hide under the bed and pray the roof doesn't collapse

believe me nick his copies were the best on the market.I think he got them from germany.he dealt with the auctionhouse I worked for.if I remember right he charged £1each.

- - Updated - -

p.s. that was private sale in the car park.

The good news, I rang the dealer that I bought the medal group from today and he was as dissapointed as I was in the SS medal being fake. I am sure that he genuinely believed that this thing was a good one and I must say that he could not have been more gracious and apologetic for it not being a good one and did not hesitate for a moment in offering to refund me for the purchase. Western Australia is a small community and because this is my hobby I have dealt with this bloke in the past but he has really shot up in my opinion, he was genuinely embarrassed about this. So, it is all good. Anyways, several of you have asked to see better pics of the other "good" items in the SS cabinet, I only have the iphone camera at the moment which is not much chop so I'll attach some of the images I have posted in the past as I have them all saved. It is not a large collection as I simply don't have the budget for one but I try to get the very best I can and I save for a particular piece, the dagger took me almost a year to save for and I bought nothing else, I just focussed on getting one. I'm sure I'm not an orphan there! Hope you enjoy it gents and thanks once again to all of you for your help and advice on the medal bar, I truly mean that, I certainly don't want fakes and I would have had one. Cheers boys, Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New SS additions   New SS additions  

New SS additions   New SS additions  

New SS additions   New SS additions  

Excellent to see such items are even finding there way to Australian Militaria show. A good price?
    Morris

Quality over quantity, nice one Dave!

You have an enviable SS collection Dave

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks boys, I have bought everything you see here from overseas, including the excellent Deschler skull which I bought from Sid (carlsson1982), I also bought the eagle from him but I don't know what has happened to the pics of it but it is as stunning as the skull. When I get the decent camera back online I'll take some pics of it and add them here. The dagger I bought from Paul at lakesidetrader in Canada, It was originally in Thomas Wittmann's collection and I am lucky enough to have it published in his book "Exploring the Dress Daggers and Swords of the German SS" which I must say helped sway me towards this particular dagger. The two collar tabs both came from Collectors Guild and the armband, again, came from Paul at lakesidetrader.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast