Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Tiger tank for a new age

Article about: Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour. Village faces investigation over anti-refugee Tiger tank - The Local Authorities in upper Bavaria are investigating the appearance of a moc

Default New Tiger tank for a new age

Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour.

Village faces investigation over anti-refugee Tiger tank - The Local

Authorities in upper Bavaria are investigating the appearance of a mock Nazi Tiger tank in a carnival parade that was marked with the words "asylum defence".

Shocked carnivalgoers at the Fasching celebration watched as the tank – in reality a car with a cardboard structure built on top of it – rolled through the town of Steinkirchen bei Pfaffenhofen.

As well as the anti-refugee slogans, the fake tank also bore the Balkenkreuz symbol seen on Nazi armoured vehicles.

Attached Images Attached Images New Tiger tank for a new age 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Tiger tank for a new age
    P
    Many

It looks better than some of the replicas i've seen in films!..

Now that looks really nice. We could do with a few of those patrolling around Sainsbury's at Chapelford to sort out the local yobbo's.

?

There was also a U-Boat in the same parade.

?

Here is the U-Boat...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Tiger tank for a new age  

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Now that looks really nice. We could do with a few of those patrolling around Sainsbury's at Chapelford to sort out the local yobbo's.
    Going downhill fast eh mate!...

Seems like some Bavarians have a hankering for the 'good old days'?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Seems like some Bavarians have a hankering for the 'good old days'?
    The 'bad old days' sometimes look better to some sections of the population when you see what is happening in the world during these so-called 'better times.'

I think there is a good measure of humour here but it is very much "tongue in cheek" bordering on black humour.

Many people will react to this saying that this is evidence of old ghosts returning to threaten order but I think this is ordinary people expressing the dismay and feelings of injustice at the politicians who, supposed to look to the interests of their own people (which does include humanitarianism by the way) are failing in their duties.

Unless my understanding of German has deserted me the slogan on the U-Boot is really quite apt and indicative of local sentiment;

"Sie solten kaempfen fuer ihr Land anstatt zu grabschen mit der Hand" which I understand as;

"They should fight for their country rather than grab with their hands"

I think this is a fairly literal translation and it doesn't need much re-writing to read very well in English.
    Can anybody here honestly say that this very sentiment has not entered their own thoughts?

I applaud the frankness expressed by these people.

I have gone to great effort to avoid this sounding like a political statement so I'm sorry if anyone takes it that way. My comment is based upon what we see here and recent events that have surely provoked such reaction.

I do think the Germans have a great sense of humour.

As Henning Wehn says; "People say we Germans have no sense of humour, .............. I don't find that funny"

(get it?)

Mark

Ach zo,who said the Germans don't have a sense of humour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast