Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

New War Room - You can help!

Article about: Still nice bowls. Rich A. in Pa.

Default Re: New War Room - You can help!

I think I'll take an easy day today, I knocked my side against the sink when I was getting up whilst assembling the first closet(God I hated that one, I didn't pay enough attention and had to dimantle the entire thing to switch 2 poles around). It was pretty painful at the time, but after I had layed down for a while, it got better. Today it is a bit worse, and hurts a lot when I move around.
    Good thing about it though is that I'll be able to get updated on the forums
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New War Room - You can help!
    P
    Many

Well, so much for the "easy day". Got a lot of things done today:
    Move out the bed and cabinet, moved the glass cabinet, fiddled with the displays, put up posters and a drape to cover up the window etc.
    Still have a bit to set up(Look at the floor) and all the relics have to be sorted out. All I need now are some mannequins, I have been thinking about putting all 4 glass cabinets in the middle which you can walk around and then put the mannequins up against the walls when I get them.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Nice start! Those display cabinets are a pain to put together, or atleast mine was!

I can't wait for IKEA to open in Qatar, by the end of the year i'm told but they don't say which year!

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    Nice start! Those display cabinets are a pain to put together, or atleast mine was!
    They sure were! I got really annoyed at the first glass cabinet I put together(The black one) because in the end I found out I had to disassemble everything and switch out 2 poles, arrgh. The glass cabinets were a pain as well, at least the first one, my dad helped me on the last ones, got a lot easier after putting more and more of them together.

I still find the glass cabinets a bit annoying at times because there are a lot of times when I think the doors are open, so I try to put things inside. My fingers hurt

Have you got a thread up showing your glass cabinets? I'd love to see it

Glenn: I hope they stand by their word, the glass cabinets are great
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

I reckon thats a good idea to have the glass cabinets in the centre so people can walk around them, provided you have the space which I think you do. A nice defused rod light in the centre of the 4 would disperse light nicely through the glass I think to.

I hope they open up there Glenn, they really work well mate, I just uploaded pics of mine in a state I am finally happy with in my topic and they compliment the stuff well

Looking good!

Quote by Collectorww2 View Post
    Have you got a thread up showing your glass cabinets? I'd love to see it
    My single cabinet is quite empty compared to any of your 4, but that will change in time!

My Inherited ww2 collection

Man, that looks like quite an enviable collection! Quite a few uniforms and love the weapons you got there. Sure the room's gonna be big enough? Can't wait to see finished product! Those cabinets look pretty sweet too, i'm sure all the pain and effort will be worth it when you're done. Done forget the uv filters for the lights. Take care of that side injury so we can see the finished product! Take care, Jeff

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    My single cabinet is quite empty compared to any of your 4, but that will change in time!

My Inherited ww2 collection
    Still some very nice quality things occupying it!

Thanks for the comment Rigormortis, I think the room will be big enough,at least for now I'm planning on getting mannequins, putting them in the back and having all 4 display cases in the middle, so you can walk around them, but the only problem is that I don't have the money. Therefore I'm pushing out the Norwegian post-war part, because I really need the money, not that much interest so far, but we'll see.

I haven't really done that much with the room lately, most of it is done, just need mannequins etc, I'm still thinking of new display ideas, so I have a lot to try out

Kind of hard to take pictures in the room since all the sunlight has been blocked out, I tried to turn off the lights and take a few pictures with the blitz, and it turned out OK:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New War Room - You can help!   New War Room - You can help!  

New War Room - You can help!   New War Room - You can help!  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Looking good!

I wish I had the time to do something similar.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast