Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Noor's Ribbon Bars Collection

Article about: Hi all, I start posting slowly here my ribbon bars collection what I have (left) and incoming. Had been done lots of corrections and changes last months. I hope it is beneficial in the futur

Noor
    ?

Default Re: Noor's Ribbon Bars Collection

Italian Order of St. Maurice & Lazarus Officer's class

2. # ADS

Noor
    ?

Ireland WW2 period Emergency Service Medal

Noor
    ?

I love named awards and groups. Medal below is the oldest, what I picked up from local auction and is named on the rim;

Penston, John, Ordinary Seaman

Service HMS Pembroke
    Commisioned to HMS Conqueror

Award The Baltic Medal 1854 - 1855
    Battle Took part in the attack on Sveaborg

The Baltic Medal 1854 – 1855 Instituted April 1856 for award to those that served with the* Naval deployment to the Baltic during the Crimean war. This is mainly a Royal Navy and Royal Marines1 medal although 106 medals were issued to a Royal Engineer contingent present.

Description: In Silver, 36mm diameter with an ornate swivelling suspension. Obverse; the diademed head of Queen Victoria and the legend VICTORIA REGINA. Reverse; Britannia holding a trident and seated on a plinth. In the background a coastal seascape depicting the forts of Bomarsund 2 *and Sveaborg. The dates 1854 - 1855 are in exergue. The engravers signatures* "W. Wyon RA" (Obverse) is on the bust truncation, and* "L.C. Wyon" (reverse) is within the exergue.
    Naming : Issued unnamed apart from the medals to the Royal Engineers which were impressed in roman capitals. Many recipients of unnamed medals had their medals privately engraved (and hence turn up in various contemporary engraved styles similar to the Crimea War medals.)

Ribbon: yellow with blue edges.

HMS*Pembroke was a 74-gun third rate launched in 1812. She was converted to a screw ship in 1855, transferred to the Coastguard in 1858, and used as a base ship from 1887. She was renamed HMS Forte as a receiving hulk in 1890, and was sold in 1905.

While sailing through the Caribbean, the HMS Conqueror was wrecked on Rum on 13 December 1861 due to a navigation error. All 1,400 aboard were saved.

John Penston is not on the China 57 rolls.

Noor
    ?

Quick jump back to imperial Germany - small medal bar from 1866-1871.

Noor
    ?

Bulgaria Soldiers Bravery Cross

Noor
    ?

Dutch again... Officers 15 years Long Service Cross

Hi everyone,

Here are some of my rare German WWII ribbons. Please note the Customs police ribbons with Bevo stitched eagles. and the two Bevo ordinary police eagles in Gold and White. These are so hard to get and after 15 years of searching finally have their place of glory in my collection.

The others are SS ribbons and the RAD. One is Female RAD and one spade has been de-nazified sadly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Noor's Ribbon Bars Collection  

These are German and Italian ribbons.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Noor's Ribbon Bars Collection  

Foreign volunteer and foreign nation award bars mixed with German award ribbons.

Finnish, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Slovakian.

Manufacturer labelled ribbon bars, again quite rare to obtain.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast