Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Not really trench-art but strange- art.

Article about: Just foud this interesting website: Let Me Show You Mine Furniture It's a pity how some really nice mines get used for furniture, but it sure would be nice to sit in it and look at my collec

Default Not really trench-art but strange- art.

Just foud this interesting website:
    Let Me Show You Mine Furniture
    It's a pity how some really nice mines get used for furniture, but it sure would be nice to sit in it and look at my collection.
    Moderators feel free to change or move this thread, as i didn't know where and how to place it.

Gr. Theo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Not really trench-art but strange- art.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Not really trench-art but strange- art.

now thats barmy ive seen a ppsh43 table before but this takes the cake

That fireplace is awesome.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Is it save to sit on!

Regards

I really like things like this personally

I'm all for preservation of militaria but if something is really common and not valuable I don't have anything against it being cut up and used as something else I know its not to everyones tastes though

Heres something I made earlier this year from an IP46 Rebreather facepiece and hose. It could easily be returned to its original form in a matter of minutes too, I personally couldnt bring myself to cut up a gas mask

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I really like things like this personally

I'm all for preservation of militaria but if something is really common and not valuable I don't have anything against it being cut up and used as something else I know its not to everyones tastes though

Heres something I made earlier this year from an IP46 Rebreather facepiece and hose. It could easily be returned to its original form in a matter of minutes too, I personally couldnt bring myself to cut up a gas mask

Thanks

Danny
    how on earth did you do that looks very cool and i agree if its common enough change it its when somethings collectable in its own right and then changed to decieve or ruin then its bad

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I personally couldnt bring myself to cut up a gas mask
    Doesn't it melt from the heat?

Anyway I like the idea!

Regards

Yes Danny you are right with your opinion.
    BTW very nice lamp you've made!

Gr. Theo.

Cheers guys, its quite simple really

The mask is held up by a metal rod running up the hose, and a wire frame in the facepiece. As for the electronics theres an LED assembly in each eyepiece, a cable runs down the hose and into the base that also holds the battery pack and switch. It doesnt get at all hot either, its only powered by 4 AA Batterys, I'm not confident enough with my wiring skills to hook it up to the mains

Thanks

Danny

Hi,
    i like the idea of the mine fire that is awsum but not keen on the rest, But you have done a great job on the mask Danny. Brill idea mate i love these things, I had a plastic german helmet that i got for one of my grandsons but he didnt want it. so iv cut it in two from front to back, out some modern clock pieces in it and turned it into a clock for my war room.
    dave.