Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Our display today

Article about: Great one Ade! Nice of you to service a worthwhile community event.

Default Re: Our display today

I wish I could afford to buy him out We are talking about 25 daggers and swords...... Now how much can my credit card stand........?

His wife is interested in Ancient Egypt too, (My other big interest) so I think I know where they might be going again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Our display today
    P
    Many

?

I hope the wife is digging into her old collections also. Those daggers and swords will buy more then just a nice holiday.

He also has a few awards and badges too.....Cased EKI type stuff.

With luck, I will get to see them all soon. I think he was what we call here in the UK as "Gobsmacked" (Shocked) when I quoted some values to him.

Make sure you take some contact cards with you if you do an event like this. Lots of people wanted our details for future events.

Deanbadspal
    ?

Hi Ade and all, im Ade and Lesleys local "Bobby" on the beat, Ade and Lesley have had to put up with me for quite some time, after bumping into them on a bleary alcohol infused night at the Victory Show, little did i know they lived on my Beat area, They kindly keep me going with drinks of tea, and Ade is always aquiring new stuff so its always a good drop off point so i can see what his new toy is. Im pictured in one of the photos looking rather bemused and perplexed, but id like to say a HUGE thankyou to them both for firstly agreeing to attend and what they put on. My superiors and the event organisers have sung very high praises of their efforts, and im glad they won the best display but just hope Lesley has some of the chocolates left when i next drop in. I cant thank them both enough, and will be splitting a few beers with them very soon.

Amazing display Ade.
    If that was just a portion of the collection...I can't imagine the 'collections room'. Do you guys keep the house full and sleep in the yard?

Great display Ade, bet everyone had a good time

Wouldn't mind doing something like that myself but knowing my luck some of my peices would get half inched.

Again, great display mate.

Cheers-

Darren

Hi Dean, great to see you have joined! We have not put everything away yet.

Hi Guys, thanks for the additional comments. Lez and I have a 3 bedroomed house with one bedroom We have a room each for our respective collections, but stuff has started to ingress into our bedroom too.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Deanbadspal View Post
    Hi Ade and all, im Ade and Lesleys local "Bobby" on the beat, Ade and Lesley have had to put up with me for quite some time, after bumping into them on a bleary alcohol infused night at the Victory Show, little did i know they lived on my Beat area, They kindly keep me going with drinks of tea, and Ade is always aquiring new stuff so its always a good drop off point so i can see what his new toy is. Im pictured in one of the photos looking rather bemused and perplexed, but id like to say a HUGE thankyou to them both for firstly agreeing to attend and what they put on. My superiors and the event organisers have sung very high praises of their efforts, and im glad they won the best display but just hope Lesley has some of the chocolates left when i next drop in. I cant thank them both enough, and will be splitting a few beers with them very soon.
    Welcome Dean

You really looked the part in the photo !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Deanbadspal
    ?

Thanks Ade, and thankyou Wolfspear, i will admit though the jacket is a converted Dutch chocolate jacket, but i have tried to do the best job with it, with the right buttons, insignia etc. The other staff members had rented their uniforms from a fancy dress hire, myself and Ade were cringing at some of the attempts, we had British crowns on upside down, Sam Browne belts the wrong way round, Dutch jacket still with the Dutch crowns on, and possibly the worst a ladies tunic with US collar dogs and British Sgt stripes, im sure Ade will remember more. I only use the Jacket for dancing with the old ladies so im not trying to pull the wool over anybodys eyes, i was though wearing my 82nd Airborne gear during the morning which is spot on. It can be seen hanging up in one of the shots.

Nice work, Ade!
    I have been looking for a .W. helmet for ages... and you have one!

Care to sell?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast