Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing

Article about: Greetings, Here is another grouping I picked up at this SOS. I have been looking for a panzer grouping for a while, and when I saw this, I knew I had to have it. I am curious to know the fat

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Big Ned,

What are you referring to when you say anti rotational device? Personally, I like the badge. It looks identical to many other ones that I have seen, and has a great look to it. Another dealer at the SOS looked at the badge too and said that it was a beautiful badge. I'm not too worried about it because to me its a nice badge, but hey everyone has their own opinion, and I respect any viewpoints of the members here.

Cheers,
    Warbuff
    Hi warbuff,

It's sometimes hard to accept that you have been lumbered with a fake badge after having received positive comments about it from 'dealers' who one would hope were knowledeable in what they are selling. However, in this case all the advice you have received is absolutely incorrect, and I am not.

Here's a genuine example of anti rotational catch as found on my Grade III JFS Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. Basically the catch hook has a small notch in the base, and this in turn is fitted into the die formed circular indentation in the reverse of the badge that has a tab, and then is crimped into place, thus permanently securing it. Also note the stress striations on the edge of the hook. These are formed when the flat wire is formed into the hook shape, and they are only found on GENUINE badges and NEVER on fakes, period. So, no striations = no good.

Besides that, there are many other problems with this badge, the ball hinge for one, the overall soft appearance on the obverse and reverse another, but it's all academical really, the whole thing is a steaming pile of ordure I'm afraid.

Panzer Assault Badge GrouoingPanzer Assault Badge Grouoing

As long as you are happy owning this set, then that's all that matters, but I sincerely hope that if you ever try to move it on then you do not try and sell it as a genuine piece, as that would be a somewhat unethical thing to do wouldn't it?

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 02-28-2017 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Spellink.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Assault Badge Grouoing
    P
    Many

I would honestly seek a refund.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Could you also post better / closer photos of the document please ? That needs to be looked at as well in light of the problems with the Badge itself .

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Oh well it doesn't look like thats going to happen after the bad news about the badge !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2