Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

part of my collection

Article about: Great looking collection mate, you have some very nice pieces!

Great looking collection mate, you have some very nice pieces!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement part of my collection
    P
    Many

Thanks for all the comments cats, I wouldn't have been in the market for any of the expensive gear if it wasn't for this forum. The amount of knowledge that is here is staggering.

Great stuff, and varied. I like the Police helmet up the the top there.

I also have that large reference book 'military collectables', is it the one with a goofy bust of Truman on the front if I remember rightly? That's an antique in itself.

?

You show contact Clive Law from Service Publications, I know he is looking for photos of some of those Coloured Wedge Caps, I have helped him out a few times in the past, as some items will make it into Referance Books, and that helps everyone.

Great Collection!!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

Nice varied collection there but I would get those visor caps displayed where the weight isn't resting on their visors. It will damage them over time and could lead to the strained threads breaking and the visor becoming loose let alone the shape of the cap will alter.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks again guys for the comments...

Fortunately I have only had things out and displayed like this for about 6 months since we just got settled in here. I'm still unpacking boxes, and hunting for lost boxes. I have a collection of Hockey stuff (what Canadian doesn't?) that takes up as much room...
    What would be the best way to display a cap? on a pedestal? I was thinking that it would push on the crown from the weight of it..?? I don't want to pack them away in boxes or something like that.
    I'm also not happy about the wedges, sidecaps and glengarrys being displayed like that. I don't have a lot of room or wall space so it's hard to figure out the best way so I can enjoy what I have AND be careful not to do any more damage to things.

Quote by CampX View Post
    You show contact Clive Law from Service Publications, I know he is looking for photos of some of those Coloured Wedge Caps, I have helped him out a few times in the past, as some items will make it into Referance Books, and that helps everyone.

Great Collection!!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada
    I use the site all the time, I never thought about contributing photographs...good call dude...
    Coloured Field Service Caps

?

I use both old wooden Hat Blocks and hat stretchers for my hats, you find them at flea markets ect.

Clive is also looking for photos of certain Glengarrys at this time.

Forgot to mention, I have a credit on that page..the Officers Forestry Corp Cap

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

I get the same agro myself,but just say you knew when we started out together.end of problem for a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2