Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Part of my Kurland collection finally in a nice display

Article about: Most of these items i have dug up myself in Kurland but some of them is dug up in Kurland by good friends of mine. I bought a glass display with a lamp from IKEA and it just did not look goo

?

Default Part of my Kurland collection finally in a nice display

Most of these items i have dug up myself in Kurland but some of them is dug up in Kurland by good friends of mine. I bought a glass display with a lamp from IKEA and it just did not look good enough. It looked incredible dull, so I decided to try to make it look better. I visited some museums to look at how they displayed their WW2 items and I found one musuem that had their iteems over small stones and it looked very nice and easy to set up. So I bought some small stones at a flower shop and tada! I think it looks much better.

Attachment 344305
    Full Display

Attachment 344307
    Top level. German helmet (battle damaged), Russian grenade and top of stielhandgranate.

Attachment 344309
    Third level. German helmet (battle damaged), (found on last Kurland trip in machine gun nest). PTRS-41 round with Mauser and ppsh-41 casing.

Attachment 344306
    Second level. battle damaged Russian helmet, PPSH-41 folding stock and Russian anti personal mine.

Attachment 344308
    First level. Katyusha rocket, German (?) artillery shell casing, part from Russian (?) mortar mine, signal flare casing and parts of panzerfaust crosshair.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Part of my Kurland collection finally in a nice display
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Part of my Kurland collection finally in a nice display

Great display! I find battlefield relics really intriguing and your method of display is excellent; I might have to take a couple of your ideas ...

Robbie

Great display ! I like it

Regards
    JT

Fantastic display ! I thought you were going to say the stones were fron Kurland too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Looks very great. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice display.

?

Very nice indeed

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Fantastic display ! I thought you were going to say the stones were fron Kurland too

Nick
    haha, unfortunaly the stones are from Sweden not Kurland! That is a pretty good idea though, if I only find **** for next expedition in Kurland i might bring back a big pack of stones instead

?

Thanks for all kind compliments! I also forgot to mention that the relic in the background of level 3 is the lid of a mess canteen

great. well done