MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments

Article about: My collection of photo's and post cards of the various welsh regiments, most are of the Welsh, but also featured are the RWF, the SWB, the Mons, the Brecknocks, the Welsh guards and the Wels

Default Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments

My collection of photo's and post cards of the various welsh regiments, most are of the Welsh, but also featured are the RWF, the SWB, the Mons, the Brecknocks, the Welsh guards and the Welsh Horse.

I am posting them alphabetically, so the Brecknockshire Bn of the South Wales Borderers and the Monmouthshire Territorial Force Regiment come up first, all of these are very rare images for what were quite small units at the time. The images of the Mons at camp are incredibly rare and give a not very often seen insight to their uniforms and equipment prior to the Great War.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments   Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments  

Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments   Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments  

Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments   Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments  

Last edited by Jerry B; 01-30-2015 at 01:09 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments
    P
    Many

The RWF and the SWB's. Not so many for either of these and in main they are not so rare, so somewhat strange that I do not have more for them, though both are very popular regiments with ebay buyers and I live in between their core areas so I don't tend to see them for sale locally to me. Mind you that did not stop me buying that group to the Mons at camp local to me, so just chane as to what turns up with the local antique sellers. Also included one each to the Welsh Guards which is a large framed photo which was found local to me and another from the same seller for the Welsh Horse which is a very rare image to find.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments   Photo's and post cards of the Welsh regiments  

Last edited by Jerry B; 01-30-2015 at 01:16 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

And the Welsh regiment. Two posts for these.

Last edited by Jerry B; 01-30-2015 at 01:32 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

And the rest for the Welsh.

Last edited by Jerry B; 01-30-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

nice pics Jerry.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice pics Jerry.
    Thanks Harry.
    Regards,

Jerry

A few recent addition, a sergeant of the Royal Welsh Fusiliers and an OR of the Pembroke Yeomanry and of the Welsh Guards with cloth shoulder titles and a number one for 1st battalion which was the front line Bn of the regiment.

Regards,

Jerry

mpw
    ?

Thanks for posting these. I particularly like the natural posed photos in post 2 and the colour tinted pioneer one where even the goat mascot appears to be standing at attention with his eyes fixed forward.

Rgd's Mark.

Quote by mpw View Post
    Thanks for posting these. I particularly like the natural posed photos in post 2 and the colour tinted pioneer one where even the goat mascot appears to be standing at attention with his eyes fixed forward.

Rgd's Mark.
    The Regimental goats, as the Welsh and the Royal Welsh Fusiliers both had goats, though strictly speaking they were not mascots but members of the regiments. That said, the link below to wikipedia calls them mascots but gives an interesting rundown of their service over the years including one who was awarded the WWI trio and another in more recent times who was demoted for bad behaviour and another instance where the goat was offered for stud.

William Windsor (goat) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Regards,

Jerry

mpw
    ?

Very interesting link. Thanks for posting and just love the line ( The new goat will also be called William Windsor, beginning as a fusilier while being trained for military life.[24] He will receive a ration of two cigarettes per day, which he eats, but will not be permitted Guinness until he is older. )

Rgd's Mark.