Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 50 of 103 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Many thanks opex your right ,the more i look at the set the more i realise how well they match ,thanks for identifying the bonnie's ddpm pattern designation too ,ive been told the gw1 early version didnt have a rear apron at all ?not that i know a great deal about them ,and thanks mark ,let me know if you require addition close up photographs of the trousers
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

Quote by James C View Post
    Many thanks opex your right ,the more i look at the set the more i realise how well they match ,thanks for identifying the bonnie's ddpm pattern designation too ,ive been told the gw1 early version didnt have a rear apron at all ?not that i know a great deal about them ,and thanks mark ,let me know if you require addition close up photographs of the trousers

Your very welcome James, and your right the first pattern ( used in Op Granby) did not have a neck flap, and as a general rule have the large metal mesh air vent's similar to the US version. I have always been quite keen to try to match Jackets and trousers when collected from different sources, sometime's successfully other's not so, but you have been lucky with this set buddy.

I look forward to seeing other camo items as and when you can post them up, be wary camo collecting is highly addictive though

thanks opex , you really do know your stuff when it comes to camo ,so its always a pleasure to learn from you ,i would say my favorite british camo has to be the 59 pattern denison as worn by His Royal highness Post 1945 cams
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks opex , you really do know your stuff when it comes to camo ,so its always a pleasure to learn from you ,i would say my favorite british camo has to be the 59 pattern denison as worn by His Royal highness Post 1945 cams
    No problem buddy, and I totally agree the Denison smock is a total classic, sadly they are stupidly expensive and often faked,hence I do not have one in my collection but would love to add one some day

?

Hi fellow collectors,here I have an Austrian jacket as can be seen from the pictures the hood has been removed ( which will be a constant annoyance to me) it does have some wear and tear which I particularly like however.

There is a button sewn on to replace the original plastic version which I can only assume is a German/Austrian WW2 type which has some lettering on the rear,this strikes me as an odd feature hence my query. Could this metal button be WW2 German, I can provide details of the lettering on the rear if this would relevant?

If anyone could also explain the stamped lettering e.g. what date etc. that would be fantastic,and also what specific model it is!
    Thanks for looking

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

?

Hi Fellow collectors,whilst these items are not camo in the common sense,they are some of my favourite Pre-Cadpat Canadian combat Jackets/Trousers,thanks for looking

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

?

Hi Fellow Collectors,I thought you might like to see some of my French combat uniforms ranging from the M-47 worn in Indo-China and Algeria, M-64 worn in Chad and Kolwezi, F1 Desert Storm, and F2 to the CCE pattern. thanks for looking

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

CBH
    ?

Nice to see Canadian Greens get posted , the pants are super comfortable . And getting hard to find in good condition . I wear mine hiking and have ruined several pairs working in them . I'll have to post some greens , parka and wind pants etc . But time is tight lately , keep up the good work .

Chris

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi fellow collectors,here I have an Austrian jacket as can be seen from the pictures the hood has been removed ( which will be a constant annoyance to me) it does have some wear and tear which I particularly like however.

There is a button sewn on to replace the original plastic version which I can only assume is a German/Austrian WW2 type which has some lettering on the rear,this strikes me as an odd feature hence my query. Could this metal button be WW2 German, I can provide details of the lettering on the rear if this would relevant?

If anyone could also explain the stamped lettering e.g. what date etc. that would be fantastic,and also what specific model it is!
    Thanks for looking

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    hi opex ,the pebbled button looks to be west german perhaps from a border guards tunic , i wonder if the hood was removed to make a helmet cover for the m75 ,any ideas where i can pick an example of one of these jackets myself mate
    Regards James

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Nice to see Canadian Greens get posted , the pants are super comfortable . And getting hard to find in good condition . I wear mine hiking and have ruined several pairs working in them . I'll have to post some greens , parka and wind pants etc . But time is tight lately , keep up the good work .

Chris

Hi Chris many thanks for looking and for your compliments, I got the LW Combats as a result of a trade years ago, sadly the trousers are way too big for me, but they are an excellent design and build, and I know what you mean about them being hard to find as I have tried to source another pair in my size but have never seen any!

I have a few other CF bit's and bob's which I will post up when I can.

I look forward to seeing what other Canadian Greens's you have, as I am a real fan.

Page 50 of 103 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast