Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 71 of 103 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams
    Some more camo that i forgot i had, an interesting variation of DPM called either Kukla (doll) or Smog, Russian produced and issued mainly to ministry of the interior troops. They also do a version without the dots/speckles in the camo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

Thanks Gary, you are right, it's unissued. I was lucky enough to get this from a surplus dealer at a very fair price. He subsequently found a pair of Size 5 arctic trousers, also NOS which I also bought. I was even more fortunate with the Size 3 SAS smock I showed earlier, an ebay BIN with just one very indistinct photo for £15, so I took a gamble which as you see paid off extremely well. I've overpaid for other items though, especially when starting out (haven't we all?) and have spares I'll probably end up losing on, so the bargains help even things out.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Some more camo that i forgot i had, an interesting variation of DPM called either Kukla (doll) or Smog, Russian produced and issued mainly to ministry of the interior troops. They also do a version without the dots/speckles in the camo.
    Very nice Paul, I have plenty of reference pictures of the camo pattern it'self but not a complete item like these trousers,they have some fascinating features, I am very surprised just how close the pattern is to British DPM..amazing

?

Quote by William1 View Post
    Thanks Gary, you are right, it's unissued. I was lucky enough to get this from a surplus dealer at a very fair price. He subsequently found a pair of Size 5 arctic trousers, also NOS which I also bought. I was even more fortunate with the Size 3 SAS smock I showed earlier, an ebay BIN with just one very indistinct photo for £15, so I took a gamble which as you see paid off extremely well. I've overpaid for other items though, especially when starting out (haven't we all?) and have spares I'll probably end up losing on, so the bargains help even things out.
    What a lovely bargain it was,congrats, and yes I am in complete agreeance I have paid way over the odd's when I first started collecting.

?

Hi Fellow Collectors, here are a few more items from my Camo collection, first up a Greek SF Lizard pattern BDU Jacket in Rip-stop.

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

Secondly a pair Tiger-stripe Trousers which following some research are identical to the type of Pattern currently worn by Afghan SF operators,

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

And thirdly one of my favourite contemporary French camo’s the CCE (Central Camouflage Europe) patterned trousers.
    I look forward to your comments or queries, Opex.

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

The French camo looks more like a subtropical colour combination-dominant khaki/olive green and mid earth brown.

The 1963 pattern SAS windproof smock, actually issued from the early to mid-70s in dpm (in OG before that). This is made from heavy 68 pattern type material as opposed to the lighter gabardine in use during the Falklands War. (Excuse wooden coat hanger in hood!)

G'day all,
    Some recently obtained Brit 68 Pattern kit

Smock

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

Trousers

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

These garments are part of my 9th/12th Royal Lancers set.
    Beret and Stable belt

Whilst not my image this Dress Uniform is on it's way to me

Post 1945 cams

and an early MK6 Helmet cover

Post 1945 cams

All the best Fella's

Dave

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    The French camo looks more like a subtropical colour combination-dominant khaki/olive green and mid earth brown.
    Hi ,though I am not ware of any major changes in the pattern's colour scheme, the trousers are dated 2001, thanks for looking and your comments

?

Hi Ted, many thanks for posting up this super rare smock, I would be very happy to have one like it in my collection,I look forward to seeing more of your DPM in the near future

Page 71 of 103 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast