MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I don't remember seeing a Belgian flecktarn coat before, good to see it.
    Airforce issue Jerry, mostly worn by Airbase Security Personnel!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

Hi Fellow collectors, here I have a Slovakian two coloured Desert Jacket, the colours are reminiscent of the British first pattern of DDPM.
    It has a number of interesting features such as buttons on the collar to attach a hood, a rear pocket. And there are a number of national and UN badges attached, though it does have a triangular patch missing under the UN badge.
    The material is very good quality and I am on the search for a matching pair of Trousers.

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I've not seen those "transitional" trousers before, the cloth looks to be of a more open weave than the earlier type which is more like the S95 cloth!....
    I have a couple of the transitional jackets and a pair of the trousers, at least I think I still do - I haven't seen them for quite a while.... On the basis of dated items I've seen, I am fairly sure this pattern is mid-90s, just predating CS95. These are quite uncommon compared to the 1990 desert clothing and the later stuff, presumably because they were not in production for long. Having said that, the 1990 desert clothing, which used to be abundant, is slowly disappearing from ebay. It still crops up every so often and is still cheap, but there is a lot less about than say a year ago.

I don't know what the jacket with shoulder and chest tabs is, but that label says early 2000s to me.

?

Quote by William1 View Post
    I have a couple of the transitional jackets and a pair of the trousers, at least I think I still do - I haven't seen them for quite a while.... On the basis of dated items I've seen, I am fairly sure this pattern is mid-90s, just predating CS95. These are quite uncommon compared to the 1990 desert clothing and the later stuff, presumably because they were not in production for long. Having said that, the 1990 desert clothing, which used to be abundant, is slowly disappearing from ebay. It still crops up every so often and is still cheap, but there is a lot less about than say a year ago.

I don't know what the jacket with shoulder and chest tabs is, but that label says early 2000s to me.
    Hiya ,many thanks for your input , this "transitional kit" was quite common at my local surplus store not so long ago, I only wish I had picked up some more. I would also assume these unifroms models were used for a short period of time prior to the introduction of the S95.

The SASC used uniforms were a very recent ebay purchase and were ridiculously cheap purchase including the "Transitional" trousers ...I paid £6.00 for the lot .The Op Granby kit is slowly fading out, so my logic is to buy it whilst I can!

The later Cheshire model with the epaulettes and chest rank epaulette, again I would agree is early 2000's and my theory is that this was a very limited edition ,but confusingly and perhaps alongside S95 ??, and I am pretty sure I have another example in my loft which I will have to source...somewhere!

Great to discuss these fascinating models with you,and I look forward to seeing more of your DPM

?

Default Indian Disruptive Camouflage Jacket

Hi Fellow collectors, I thought you would like to see this Indian camouflage jacket from my Camo collection, which as can be seen from the pictures provided has a number of features not exclusive to the detachable hood. The actual designation of this jacket is Disruptive 1998 Pattern, but amongst collecting circles these camouflage garments are often classed as "Fern pattern" most commonly. This particular garment was manufactured in May 2003, but the design features originally made be think it was a lot older!

Thanks for looking in advance,Gary

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

Quote by Opex View Post
    I look forward to seeing more of your DPM
    If you insist......!

This is one of my favourite pieces. It's the 1963 pattern windproof smock, one of the rarest pieces of dpm and only on issue to special forces. (For some reason we all seem to like SF kit!). Basically it's the WW2 windproof with a full zip, unlined and in the same material as the 68 patt combats. The RMs used these windproofs as well as the SAS - there's a great photo in British Special Forces by James Shortt showing 5 RMs on exercise advancing up a hill, the leader wearing a 1963 patt and the others in the later version. All are wearing lightweight trousers (or possibly the earlier "trousers, overall"), carrying M16s and at least one is wearing climbing boots.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

[I don't think I've already posted this; apologies if I have!]

?

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi Fellow collectors, I thought you would like to see this Indian camouflage jacket from my Camo collection, which as can be seen from the pictures provided has a number of features not exclusive to the detachable hood. The actual designation of this jacket is Disruptive 1998 Pattern, but amongst collecting circles these camouflage garments are often classed as "Fern pattern" most commonly. This particular garment was manufactured in May 2003, but the design features originally made be think it was a lot older!

Thanks for looking in advance,Gary

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Morning Gary this is with out a doubt one of my absolute favorite patterns and has been around in one form or another since the 1960's the exact first run production dates are un-known it is as well referred to as palm frond and or Indian Leaf Pattern and comes in many different variations shades and colors making use of overlapping patterns of green and brown palm leaf shapes on a khaki background,
    It is very difficult to find early period contemporary images of this style of Camouflage pattern in wear but here are a couple I have managed to source in a few minutes from the net.
    One has to be diligent in there search as wide swaths of material as well as uniforms and associated soft equipment and covers have been manufactured in India and exported and sold on the open market such as this Para Jump Smock as being sold by Trident sales on E-Bay.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Attached Images Attached Images Post 1945 cams 

?

Quote by William1 View Post
    If you insist......!

This is one of my favourite pieces. It's the 1963 pattern windproof smock, one of the rarest pieces of dpm and only on issue to special forces. (For some reason we all seem to like SF kit!). Basically it's the WW2 windproof with a full zip, unlined and in the same material as the 68 patt combats. The RMs used these windproofs as well as the SAS - there's a great photo in British Special Forces by James Shortt showing 5 RMs on exercise advancing up a hill, the leader wearing a 1963 patt and the others in the later version. All are wearing lightweight trousers (or possibly the earlier "trousers, overall"), carrying M16s and at least one is wearing climbing boots.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

[I don't think I've already posted this; apologies if I have!]
    Haha, I am glad I did insist because this is without doubt one of my ultimate "wish list" items of early British DPM garments, so many thanks for sharing this little gem with me.

I got through the collecting all the 68 Pattern symptoms, now my desire to collect 63 has been reignited...wish me luck, I will need it.

Kind regards Gary.

?

"Morning Gary this is with out a doubt one of my absolute favorite patterns and has been around in one form or another since the 1960's the exact first run production dates are un-known it is as well referred to as palm frond and or Indian Leaf Pattern and comes in many different variations shades and colors making use of overlapping patterns of green and brown palm leaf shapes on a khaki background,
    It is very difficult to find early period contemporary images of this style of Camouflage pattern in wear but here are a couple I have managed to source in a few minutes from the net.
    One has to be diligent in there search as wide swaths of material as well as uniforms and associated soft equipment and covers have been manufactured in India and exported and sold on the open market such as this Para Jump Smock as being sold by Trident sales on E-Bay.

Regards Mark"

Hi Mark, many thanks for looking and for the excellent reference pictures ,which do indeed show a plethora of differing colour schemes in this pattern, I was hoping my particular model was an early model, but I am still very pleased to own it ,especially as it was one of those bargain purchases so far this year, and have been keen to own one for a long time now.

I have seen on the web a "Desert" version too, and following this research have discovered the Indian forces are now wearing a French CCE inspired Camouflage scheme, where will it end?

Kind regards ,Gary.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Haha, I am glad I did insist because this is without doubt one of my ultimate "wish list" items of early British DPM garments, so many thanks for sharing this little gem with me.

I got through the collecting all the 68 Pattern symptoms, now my desire to collect 63 has been reignited...wish me luck, I will need it.

Kind regards Gary.
    I do wish you luck with it Gary, and you will need a lot as these hardly ever turn up on ebay and when they do appear they go crazy. I was fortunate to get this one off a surplus dealer, but he knew what it was and it wasn't pennies, but still a good deal less than I'd have had to pay on ebay.

Here's another item I like: a 70s dpm bush hat, also favoured by the SF guys, shown here on perhaps not the background I'd have chosen but it's what was on our bed that day:

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams

Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 ... LastLast