Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Default re: Post 1945 cams

Thanks for the link Rene,good on ya.What I saw was good.
    Have a few Gortex cams as well,Full 2000's British DPM set (use this set),US woodland trousers,US woodland bivi,Had a lined West German Flectern jacket but gave away the shell to a friend in need.
    Mil grade garments are bloody great hay,A1 build and design (in most cases,Euro,USA etc),functional and very hard wearing.It tend to wear my British DMP shirts ( the light temp climate one's) around the yard as they vent nice yet keep the sun off.
    I tend to run with Euro kit as It's designed for a similar clime as Tassie.Lined Euro build jackets are as warm as toast as you know.
    Cheers Rene

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

Some weird and wonderful cammo to be sure Gents ! here is some of my Bundeswehr cammo, Flecktarn, Ameoba and a scrounged U.S. Woodland helmet cover ! from the 1980's/1990's.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams  

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    An early British DPM Para smock.
    This garment has had a hard life,it,s been repaired a few times over the years.
    Notice the crutch flap is missing(sent it off for repair 15 odd years back and the seamstress cut the bloody jump flap off and used it as patchs,uuuughhhh.)
    Attachment 283002Attachment 283003
    This is a British army 1968 pattern jacket, I have one. Para smocks had full length zipper and no buttons on front, also elasticated cuffs on the sleeves. The flap is designed to stop the jacket riding up when you're crawling on the ground.

Some nice Flectarn you have Steve,
    Love the body armour and the omeba lid cover.

My field cap.
    Post 1945 cams
    It's the only Piece of Flectarn i've got left,Gave away a shirt and a gortex jacket to a mate who needed some camo gear.
    An effective pattern with a long inovative history.
    Have a good one mate.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 12-26-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: bit more text

?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Danish M84 Flectern.
    Smock and trousers.
    My fav pattern by far.
    Attachment 283001
    Two greens and black.
    I have this in desert cam. How the hell did a Danish uniform ended up in Tasmania?

I have been wearing this quite a lot i can say

Quote by Alexander View Post
    This is a British army 1968 pattern jacket, I have one. Para smocks had full length zipper and no buttons on front, also elasticated cuffs on the sleeves. The flap is designed to stop the jacket riding up when you're crawling on the ground.
    You are quite possibly right Alexander.I was under the impression my garment was Para issue due to the flap,maybe not.I thought the elasistised cuffs were phased out in the late 60's but have found some images that I think prove my concept incorrect.
    Could you post yours as I would love to have a look mate and compare to my old smock.
    Have a good one cobber.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I have this in desert cam. How the hell did a Danish uniform ended up in Tasmania?

I have been wearing this quite a lot i can say
    Gday Datus
    Love mine and wear them all the time also,
    Mate just got lucky ,Was surfing UK disposal stores and bingo there they were,Grabbed my set straight away,then ordered another set of trousers when I saw the build quality of these garments.(would have grabbed another smock but they had run out,this blokes M-84 stock sold fast.)
    I quess I could ask a similar question,
    How did a pair of M84 desert cam trousers end up in frozen Russia
    Have a good one mate

Whilst ratting around in the garage I found this piece of Flectarn.
    A cold weather cap with ear flaps.

Post 1945 cams

Things one finds that one has forgotten over time,I might have another look later.
    All the best

Another piece of Swiss Apenflec.

Post 1945 cams

A very versatile bit of kit this one,It used to live in the bottom of my pack as a emergency shelther.It's long enough to curl up inside of, and with a backstop it can be jury rigged a bit like a hootchi shelter.
    I really like this old girl,she'e a ripper.

Have a good one
    Sorry I can't get rid of the old image.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 12-27-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Added better quality image/delete old image

This is a cool one,Rene you may like this jacket mate.
    RAAF Immersion jacket.(not a cam pattern but some would say OD is a form of cam)
    Worn by flight crew's when operating over cold water.
    It's a Canadian design and works by stopping cold water from reaching the torso from the bottom of the jacket (flushing).Cold water will quickly drop body core temp. and will bring on Hypothermia fast.
    The flap fits between the legs and is attached to clips on the front.When on the flap looks like a pair if wet suit shorts attached to the jacket.This creates the seal.
    The body of the jacket has a neoprene liner(2mm or so) and the sleeves have neo seals.There is also a fluro orange hood inside the jacket's collar.

Post 1945 cams

Post 1945 cams

Post 1945 cams

Post 1945 cams

Post 1945 cams

Still I would'nt like to be in the position where I would have to deploy the flap as a bit of cold water swimming is highly likely.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 12-27-2011 at 03:29 AM. Reason: grammar/more text

Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast