Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Default Re: Post 1945 cams

Gday All,
    British DPM Gortex set,jacket,trousers and over mittens.

Post 1945 cams

Have a good one all and to all Australian's have a great Australia Day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

Here is a little more camo to look at the first one is US woodland camo BDU shirt, followed by a tricolor desert pattern BDU shirt and pants .
    The next one is a little more interesting .The next camo shirt I bought was a mystery to me when I first seen it a good will it was stamped on the inside left hand corner of the shirt with oriental block text and a military size label in english on the neck. So I bought it because I liked the pattern it is very similar to the US frog pattern developed in 1942 . I searched around on the net and could not find the exact pattern and or info about it then one day I found reference to it reading an article on us camo patterns in Vietnam . It turned out to be commercial camo pattern and is referred to as ( Duck Hunter ) It was either produced in a light brown or pale green four or five color dappled design. It was developed and Manufactured in South East Asia as well as the US in the late 50's and 60's This camoflauge pattern was adopted by the ARVN and some US Special forces and Advisors in Vietnam in the early years .As the US did not have a comparable pattern it could issue to the troops in country. It was often obtained by unit commanders and or it was supplied to ARVN troops by the CIA through one of there CIDG programs .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

?

This Desert DPM parka was another mystery when I purchased it I first thought it to be Dutch but it just did not look right as the swirls and the overlay pattern is not the same .So when I posted it here Dave suggested after some discussion that it was possibly Iraqi so I carried on with my search and Dave may be right. I have narrowed it down to one of three, Saudi ,Kuwaiti and or Iraqi this pattern and or variations of it were adopted by Saudi Arabia and Kuwait .When Iraq invaded Kuwait they aquired much of there military stores and used it as its own this included uniforms and bolts of cloth. I still need to do some more research to try and match the design of the parka to one of the three.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams  

Gday all,
    I could not help myself
    Another Austrian Erbsentarn jacket.I believe this to be a tankers variant with the leg ties.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

Has the brass vents under the sleeves.Would the almost white interior in all of the posted Austrian jackets be designed into the garment as an emergency snow cover?
    Have a good one fella's
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-28-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: added text

?

Nice jacket Dave I was courious as to the leg ties on these the thought of them as a tankers jacket had never crossed my mind .And I have yet to see one that is not white on the inside in a pinch you could turn it inside out and use it for a snow camo jacket if you had to in the field.

Regards Mark K

Cheers Mark,
    I just had to have an example of this most cool pattern.
    Ths white interior seems to me to be a good design feature in a mountainous country.As you said mate,Emergency snow cam .
    Have a good one Mark.
    All the best

?

Thanks Dave I will post some more camo up when I get a chance to go through some more boxes you have a good one as well.

Regards Mark K

Gday folk's,
    A USMC hot climate ERDL jacket.
    Tag's a tad washed out and the general condition is good but a tad faded.

Post 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 camsPost 1945 cams

A classic pattern.

Well, not multi-camo but OD, so here goes!

This is my US Army CVC (Combat Vehicle Crew) jacket, issued back in the mid 1980s. It is made from flame resistant fibers and is a cold weather jacket. The patch on it is the 'Blackhorse' of the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, my fathers' old unit. The 11th ACR patrolled the border between the GDR and FRG between 1972 - 1989 before finally pulling out of Germany in the early 1990s. I still wear it and it keeps me warm on these cold winter days. It was originally designed to wear over the tanker overalls. It was issued about the same time as the first M1 Abrams and M2 Bradleys arrived in Germany.

Nice piece of kit Alexander.
    Thanks for posting it mate,good on ya.
    Scotland the brave.

Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 ... LastLast