Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 103 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

?

Default Re: Post 1945 cams

I love this pattern Dave your ERDL is dominated by the Earthen browns there are many variations of this cam pattern is the tag date stamped I cant quite make it out ?Nice jacket Alexander you dont see a lot of these floating around with the original insignia still attached .

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

Here are my two British DPM jackets. The older one I bought second hand in 1988, its a old 1968 pattern jacket with a poplin lining. The DPM on this jacket is the 1984 pattern, the brown being darker than the 1966 pattern DPM and with no dots. The '68 jacket has a strap between the legs, to keep in the heat and also stop the jacket riding up. As the photo shows, the bottom buttons are missing because the strap would always pull them off. Behind the strap is a two compartment pocket which, I have been told, was for a dressing on the left side and for the detachable hood in the right side. The hood would be attached by the lapel buttons and the one on the back of the collar. The poplin liner also has a inside breast pocket. This jacket is very warm when dry, but if wet it took a long time to dry out. The only problem is the lack of space in the flat pockets.
    The other jacket is one I bought in a charity shop sale (is the economic situation so bad that even charity shops have sales??!!) last month for £3.50. It is a modern day 'Combat Soldier 95' DPM jacket. The DPM camo is similar to my old jacket but has the little dots of the original 1966 pattern camo. This jacket is part lined, also has a pouch at the back. The pockets are bigger on this jacket and more secure than those on that god awful British jacket issued in the early 1980s (84 pattern?). Note the side zip pockets, for maps, etc. I had a friend who had served in the British army back in the mid 80s and his '68 pattern jacket had what he called 'Northern Ireland additions' added privately, namely zipped pockets behind the top pockets, a hood sawn on to the collar, knitted cuffs added to the sleeves and three or four SLR magazine pockets added to the lower outside back. It was a real cool item. Of the two, the modern jacket is more comfortable, especially around the neck.
    Last edited by Alexander; 02-15-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Australian Auscam pistol holsters left and right hand-armies are notorious for not bothering about left handed squadies/diggers but here we see an attempt to allow l/h mounting for the service pistol (Beretta 92M or the older Browning HP35).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams  

Is it just me or does the Aussie camo have little bunnies (or Kangaroos!!) in it?

Quote by Alexander View Post
    Is it just me or does the Aussie camo have little bunnies (or Kangaroos!!) in it?
    Hi Alexander,
    Your eye's don't decieve you,Bunnies and jelly beans mate.Not designed into the pattern but you can see them hiding in there.
    Love your early DPM jacket,a ripper.
    Cheers cobber
    Last edited by Thanatos; 02-18-2012 at 04:43 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I love this pattern Dave your ERDL is dominated by the Earthen browns there are many variations of this cam pattern is the tag date stamped I cant quite make it out ?Nice jacket Alexander you dont see a lot of these floating around with the original insignia still attached .

Regards Mark K
    Gday Mark,
    How's things mate
    The tag is to washed out to pick out any date of manufacture sorry cobber.
    I to like this pattern.
    Cheers Mark
    Dave

?

Hey Dave things are ok here if It would stop bloody raining it would be better though !!! I will post up some more camo in the morning for you to browse at Hope all is well on the Island .Nice Bunny Cam holsters Lithgow you gave me something to think about with your post on lefty holsters you are right you dont see them around very often.

Regards Mark K

Ok I'll throw this one in
    I recently learned that this is French (modeled on a RSA M51)

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I've post this on one of my threads so I may as well add it here too USMC ERDL 69 dated
    Just took another look and it's 70 dated
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-18-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: added photos

Boonie ERDL 69

Page 22 of 103 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast