Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Default Re: Post 1945 cams

He look's at home Rene.
    Not looking good mate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

?

Rene a little more information on the popplin trousers I looked into for you this is a direct quote from Eric Larson the administrator of the camouflage forum .

Gents,

The nomenclature on the tag is quite interesting. Although faded, it appears to read: Trousers, Camouflage, Poplin, Class 2. - followed by the DLA number, fibre content, and manufacturer's name.

The most common nomenclature on these uniforms, and the one that most collectors should be familiar with, identifies them as: Trousers (or Coat), Hot Weather, Camouflage Pattern." Some versions include "Men's" in the description, and most are followed by "100% cotton" either before or after the DLA number, and manufacturer's name.

Before writing this reply, I examined more than a dozen pieces (shirts and trousers) of this post-Vietnam uniform from a duffle bag of spares, and none of them were identified as Camouflage, Poplin, Class 2. Yet, the design of the above illustrated trousers is unmistakably the transitional uniform issued after the Vietnam War, and not the wartime jungle uniform.

To my recollection, only the original, war-era ERDL camouflage uniforms were identified as "Poplin, Class 2." This suggests to me that the trousers here are not just run-of-the-mill Hot Weather ERDL Camouflage (that some call the RDF uniform), but possibly a very early model from 1978 or so. I found a couple 1979 dated pieces among the lot I examined, and they appeared to have the same "Hot Weather" nomenclature as the later ones form 1980 & 81.

I suspect somewhere in my collection I have an example like this one with the curious nomenclature. Unfortunately, my ERDL items are all buried in boxes, so I cannot confirm it. Perhaps someone else can. It is nevertheless worth noting for those concerned with markings and variations that "not all RDF uniforms are alike."

Additionally, it is not always discussed that the Hot Weather Camouflage Uniform (aka RDF or transitional ERDL uniform) did not have absolutely consistent coloration. Early models were, in fact, produced from surplus Vietnam War era fabrics in both the green and brown dominant colorations. These were later mutated into the more standardized coloration most people are familiar with.

Cheers,

Eric

Rene these have turned out to be quite an intresting pair of trousers !

Regards Mark K

Wow Thanks Mark K and thank the guys on the other forum for me too

?

I thanked Eric and the other gentlemen that posted comments for there help earlier today Rene .
    Any chance you have the matching shirt/jacket that was issued with that set of trousers It would be intresting to see the tag for comparison .

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I thanked Eric and the other gentlemen that posted comments for there help earlier today Rene .
    Any chance you have the matching shirt/jacket that was issued with that set of trousers It would be intresting to see the tag for comparison .

Regards Mark K
    No I don't Mate sorry

?

One more to add to the mix gents my British DPM ,NBC ( Nuclear Biological Chemical ) Smock the design of these are quite intresting they are to be worn as an over garment.
    The British design uses charcoal reinforced nylon instead of rubber coated canvas as seen on many other nations NBC, suits this makes them a lot more comfortable to wear in the field as they are breathable and not so stiff of a garment as the rubber coated canvas suits.
    The down side to the British NBC, gear is it has to be changed out more often as it has a shorter usefull life .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams  

?

K your NBC jacket, are now known a CBRN jackets dont ask!!!!lol. means the same thing really..All im no expert but when i was wearing these items you had to wear 2 layers underneath...to make them work!!!! not sure how that worked apart from make you sweat more...lol..We used to play NBC football fully kitted up to Black "thats a dress state"..then chase after the ball phew 20 metres its all over breathing out of ones butt!!! And god forebid if anybody tried heading the ball lol... Used to make us laugh....

?

Now that must have been quite the sight playing football all geared up in double layers kind of like watching multi colored stay puffed marshmallow men

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 03-20-2012 at 03:19 AM.

?

Next up Woodland camo jacket manufactured from popplin ripstop marked hot weather.
    This jacket is badged to the South Carolina Air National Gaurd 169th Fighter Wing, Air Combat Command

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Still Cams, Aussie Army issue Bible kindly donated to me by a former member QOTD

Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast