MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

post ww2 mining helmets

Article about: just thought id share another area of headgear i collect aside from combat helmets ,these are post war british mining helmets from the 1950's/60's , the resin moulded helmets are made by tex

Default post ww2 mining helmets

just thought id share another area of headgear i collect aside from combat helmets ,these are post war british mining helmets from the 1950's/60's , the resin moulded helmets are made by texolex with malcolm campbell liners ,i imagine the R stands for rescue ,the smaller mining helmet is termed pulpware which is a basically a waterproofed paper of sorts post ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement post ww2 mining helmets
    P
    Many

Nice overlooked area of collecting I have several friends that besides militaria collect mining items and railroad items especially the lights and signaling lamps there are a lot of interesting items they find, nice items you show. timothy

Great collection!
    I have a French/Belgian one some where.....
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Nice overlooked area of collecting I have several friends that besides militaria collect mining items and railroad items especially the lights and signaling lamps there are a lot of interesting items they find, nice items you show. timothy
    Interesting items. I was at an antique market a couple of weeks ago and saw a stall with mining and railways memorabilia, there was lots of good stuff on the table especially lamps and the odd helmet.

Tony

That's a nice collection you have there James!

thank you for the kind comments timothy ,Kris, tony and steve cool militaria i know they dont really have a place on this forum but i did spot a very similar post ww2 civil defence warden helmet which is a dead ringer for my R decaled texolex from our recent visit to hack green cold war bunker ,perhaps its the same helmet ,the lamp bracket is identical post ww2 mining helmetspost ww2 mining helmets

?

Nice collection friend. I have had many US made mining helmets.
    I still have a couple plus the cloth cap that held "sunshine" lamps. I also have cabinet size mineral specimens form the Picher Lead and Zinc mining field in Northeast Oklahoma.
    My Grandfather, my uncles and my dad were hard rock miners before and after WW II until the mines shut down in the 50s.
    I have always had a great interest in the local lead and zinc mining history.

Very nice as usual James

Matt

hi steve ,very interesting to hear of your family's history with mining ,if you have a photo could you please share your collection here, id really like to see it as it sounds fascinating thanks too matt for your ongoing support of my collection of helmets ,it is appreciated

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Great collection!
    I have a French/Belgian one some where.....
    cheers
    |<
    Kris if you find the helmet please share it here with us ,id be interested in viewing it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast