Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.

Article about: Hi all, The London Games are underway at last so I thought I would start a thread on Memorabilia of the XI Summer games in Berlin 1936. I only have the two pieces. A car plaque and a postcar

Default Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.

Hi all,
    The London Games are underway at last so I thought I would start a thread on Memorabilia of the XI Summer games in Berlin 1936.
    I only have the two pieces.

Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.

A car plaque and a postcard representing the sailing events in Kiel 4-14 August 1936.
    Post away and let the games begin.
    Cheers and enjoy the competition
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.

Great idea Dave, I have nothing to contribute but I'm looking forward to seeing the items of others that do!

Cheers Dave
    I must admit I do like the Olympic concept (Thanks Pierre ) as it tends to unite the world as one under the banner of fair competition (well most of the time anyway).
    Even if it's only for a couple of weeks every 4 years.
    I guess with the nature of our collecting the '36 games would have to be of interest to most of us in some way and alot of memorabilia was produced to celebrate the XI Olympiad.Let's see what's out there.
    Post away
    Cheers
    Dave

Dave

The Olympic spirit is alive and well here. Wife is out, I'm watching the opening ceremony, and playing on computer. Did you see the Canadian Olympians? Those young ladies score 10's in all categories!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

10'S for sure Green.
    Just heard on the radio that a vision impaired South Korean Archer was part of a world record score in a team event today.
    Go you good thing,you have to love it hey.
    Cheers
    Dave

No kidding, Dave.

That is fantastic! S. Korea must be very proud and I'm happy for the athlete. An inspiration, to say the least.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Here is a sleeve insignia from the "Jugend Ehrendienst" that were part of the 1936 games. They wore a white uniform with a Kletterveste type jacket, and an Olympic ring pin on the sidecap. This came from the estate of weightlifter William "Bill" Good. The Ehrendienst served as sort of liaisons to the visiting athletes, acting as valets, translators, tour guides, etc. This patch was difficult to me to document for a couple of years. Thanks to Clyde Davis who I sent the patch to for a "hands on" inspection I was able to finally identify it. Rob Newborough also inspected the patch and helped with period film footage and photos of the patch in wear during the games. It's quite a bit larger than an H.J. Gebietsdriecke and the construction is embroidered. This patch will be shown in Rob's two volume book set on the subject of sports in the Third Reich which is soon to be released. I took a chance and bought this patch for a very low price and was very pleased after Clyde and Rob were able to help document it. I've never seen another anywhere else.

http://usa1.framepool.com/en/play/322868063
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.   Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.  

Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.  

Super cool piece's of history.Love the HJ patch and the photo in the stadium is magnificant.
    The Youth organisations would have been a ready supply of quality "helpers" for the Berlin games and these images are a great testament to that.
    Thank you very much for posting Frank.
    Cheers and all the best
    Dave

This is off topic, but that t'shako the polizei is wearing has an odd looking frontal insignia on it, or perhaps viewing it from the side makes it look odd?

Gday all,
    Someone must have something worth posting surely?

Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.Post your 1936 Berlin Games Memorabilia.

Even a couple of images will suffice.
    Cheers all
    Dave