Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Post your first item/s of 2016

Article about: Hi guys, since we are starting a new year, I thought it would be great if you post your first ítem added to your collection in 2016. I will start with mine. A set of straps for a NCO junior

Quote by MAP View Post
    I seem to be on a medals streak the last few months. This was my first pick up for the year.

Attachment 925073
    Wow, a Spanish cross. Not your usual MO, but a really nice pickup nonetheless.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your first item/s of 2016
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by avenger View Post
    That PAB was far better in person than the seller photos, which were quite good. I honestly don't know why anyone would sell it off, but I'm glad they did.
    would still look better in my hands... Ha!!

And as far as the Cross, well my collection is actually quite eclectic with no specialty / focus. I kind of got helmet fatigue last year so have been drifting towards expanding/upgrading my awards/medals
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2016 finds - German pieces will stay with me and Canadian items are for sale :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your first item/s of 2016   Post your first item/s of 2016  

Post your first item/s of 2016   Post your first item/s of 2016  

?

Heres my humble contribution
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your first item/s of 2016  

Very nice Kriegsmarine, officer s jacket and with a high seas badge, what is the rank of this officer? The badge on the ribbon looks very nice, what is it?
    Quote by akmo View Post
    Heres my humble contribution

?

This is my first item for 2016 given to me by my father for Christmas.

I think : a document signed by Manny Luzian, der Kolmar Oberstadtkommissar.
    ( seems hard to read correctly the signature, i based deduction about documentation i found.)

Manny Luzian in 1940 was named Stadtkommissar, in 1943 he became Oberbürgmeister.

For the little story in autumn 1944, H.Himmler comes to Colmar and he prefer goes to the hunt.
    Removed after that, he was obliged to incorporate Artillerie regiment to run away from Himmler anger.
    Recaptured in Germany, he was released and reopen his lawyer office in Freiburg.
    (source : féderation des sociétés d' histoire et d' archéologie d' Alsace )

?

It looks like the owner was promoted to oblerleutnant zur see. The rivbon is an iron cross with a repop clasp stuck through it

Thanks for the info
    Quote by akmo View Post
    It looks like the owner was promoted to oblerleutnant zur see. The rivbon is an iron cross with a repop clasp stuck through it

Something that kept soldiers alive... from the vet bringbacks of a Polish GI from Chicago, ILL.

And of course books!

The 1957 Waffen SS im Bild is loaded with great [guaranteed] period photos of gear and equipment!!!

This should be a nice read about the extermination of a zealot...

Not sure if this is one of the great books on headgear, but it is very nice and it suddenly popped up for less than half of the quite high usual asking price ;-)

More to come...

Arrrr, me beauty!!! Brand new iPhone 6 (a present from one of my kids! ;-) Notice the beauty of living faraway from everything, no service...

A Carl Heidelberg letter opener... This early SA dagger with the most amazing grip to crossguards fit and finish was brought back by Edward B. foltz, who I just finally got confirmation from Preston Tucker (87th Infantry Division curator) was in the "Golden Acorn".
    "T/5 Edward B. Folz was in Cannon Company, 347th Infantry Regiment".
    The 347th took part in actions in the Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace and Central Europe. They fought in the Battle of The Bulge among others... This is just one snipet of a diary from one of the soldiers from their webpage.

We moved into combat from METZ into the Saar Valley on December 10, 1944. Heavy casualties in regiment from Tiger tanks, pillboxes. 800 men with trenchfoot. 241 battle casualties. Colonel Costello relieved by Colonel Wheeler of the 35th Infantry Division. We had relieved the Division. before SARREGUEMINES and later the 35th Infantry Division in Alsace. On December 24th, we pulled rear guard action and leveled HERBITZHEIM with WP and HE. Won Combat Infantry Badge after we were left in No-Man's Land. Battle of the Bulge. Belgium. 346th Regiment has advanced 7 miles toward ST. HUBERT. Tough SS and Panzer resistance.

These guys took part in battles us modern day computer jockeys can only imagine...

Personal Account: The Mass Surrender of German Troops to the 347th Infantry Regiment

Personal Account: History of the Antitank Companies of the 87th Division in Europe

Remember the Heroes!
    Last edited by Larboard; 01-17-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Nice set of items, like the case for the matches. About the books, always good for learning
    Last edited by jamoros; 01-17-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast