Post your SS items!!!

Article about: One brand new buckle

?

Default Re: Post your SS items!!!

Your collection Friedrich is amazing, one of the best I have seen

cheers,
    pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SS items!!!
    P
    Many

thanks very much for the kind words. Others have far better material, but they do not show same.

?

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Nice piece Carl, it's interesting that they would have their own containers marked as such, rather than generic ones that could be used by all of the armed forces.

Mat
    Yes Mat, it is one of the things that is often found to be quite interesting. Furthermore, only one factory (Sandrik, in modern day Slovakia), ever produced the war time SS kanisters. The standard fuel kanisters, and wasserkanisters were also produced in exactly the same way, at various locations, the only difference being that of the markings.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Excellent thread gents, some wonderful collections being displayed here...gotta love black!

I am so envious of your amazing collections guys!!

I love reading and studying the SS but sadly I have had to stay away from collecting their items as I would surely lose my house

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Yes Mat, it is one of the things that is often found to be quite interesting. Furthermore, only one factory (Sandrik, in modern day Slovakia), ever produced the war time SS kanisters. The standard fuel kanisters, and wasserkanisters were also produced in exactly the same way, at various locations, the only difference being that of the markings.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Excellent thread gents, some wonderful collections being displayed here...gotta love black!
    I suppose it feeds back to the desire of the SS to exist as a totally separate organisation to the Wehrmacht. It seems almost petty, it's definitely curious.

As for the whole 'sculls' thing, belonging to caps... I would like to say again, that we would all love (and I assume I speak for everyone) to own ALL cap insignia ON the caps- but this isn't always financially viable, and it should also be remembered that much of these insignia were likely removed from their original context by contemporaries, such as is the case with mine. I understand your thoughts on the subject, but I feel that sometimes these factors aren't taken into consideration. I really can't see anyone actually removing insignia from caps in a time when the caps in their complete form are worth thousands, no one wins that way...

Mat

Do let me tell you all a nasty truth: I am aware of "scull" collectors in the here and now who deface authentic, complete caps in order to complete their "collections," a despicable and hateful fact which accounts for my attitude in this matter.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Do let me tell you all a nasty truth: I am aware of "scull" collectors in the here and now who deface authentic, complete caps in order to complete their "collections," a despicable and hateful fact which accounts for my attitude in this matter.
    Then I understand your attitude, I honestly never thought anyone would even consider that! First of all there's the aspect of the considerable value of an SS cap, then there's the fact that dismantling a rare piece of history seems to defy the spirit of our historical interest... and who would honestly take just the insignia over the complete, original (and impressive-looking) piece if given the choice? I suppose what someone does with their property is entirely their choice, but dismantling an original SS cap is beyond my comprehension. I own my totenkopf with the knowledge that it was removed from a cap by the hands of a victim of the Third Reich, not an irresponsible collector!

Mat

I have collected Nazi regalia more or less since 1966 or so, perhaps earlier, say 1963, such as it is. I have seen a lot of pretty horrid behavior as concerns greed and stupidity in the process, truth be said.
    My goal has been to raise the standard. Life is not especially fair, and there is inequality in the world, which is far worse at the moment than even quite recently. However, hell has a particularly hateful and wretched place for people who willingly deface and destroy historical artifacts for profit, and, more so, when they sell themselves to naive true believers as possessing some higher knowledge about the past. Such galls me especially.

My small contribution to this thread. Two of the three SS daggers shown are fully named & researched. Here are the links to the daggers:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...s-dagger-1000/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...s-dagger-1001/

All items have been shown on the forum in detail.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your SS items!!!   Post your SS items!!!  

Post your SS items!!!   Post your SS items!!!  

Attached Images Attached Images Post your SS items!!!  Post your SS items!!! 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice. and thank you.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast