Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Presentation

Article about: Hello to all ! i'm a collector from north Italy. My main field of collecting is related to antisemitism (would be nice to have a dedicated thread on the forum). I've been collecting from abo

Default .more

Too long time passed since i passed to the forum. I regret this, i like to spend time here but the job takes me too much time.

However, i would like to post another of my pieces about antisemitism pre-nazi period.

This one is interesting, it's not uncommon but i think we can put in the "rarities" somehow.

This postcard was posted in september 1903 and travelled from Frankfurt to Meersburg. It's one of the typical kinds of antisemitic humor of the period. There's a family of Lions clearly visible and on the left side is written "Familie Lowy".

It's a clear assonance between the surname Lowy and the word Lion in german. A very "dark" humor since the surname Lowy (Levi) has to be taken in high consideration considering the Jewish traditions because belongs from one of the most important Israel tribes.

However, for Germany of that period this was not to be considered much, but there's an additional thing: behind this PC there's an interesting stamp of the famous (at least for antisemitism/Judaica related collectors) Hotel Kölner Hof.

This Business, owned by Mr. Hermann Laass, had a strong antisemitic attitude since the end of XIX century, printing a lot of antisemitic propaganda material, from postcards to cinderella and so on.

"Judenfrei" was the most frequent adjective that appeared on such propaganda items, the Hotel grew very fast between the XIX and the XX century and it's very easy to understand how it contributed to the pre-nazi antisemitic background.

I attach also a view of the Hotel's restaurant room (not in the collection), i placed arrows to show an antisemitic plaque that was on a column in the center of the room in that period.

As usual i apologize for my horrible english and i hope to get some replies from fellows collectors !

Bests,

Leprechaun.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Presentation  
    Attached Images Attached Images Presentation 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Presentation
    P
    Many

JMM
    ?

Very interesting story "behind" this PC
    Thanks for sharing it
    Your english os fine, btw

Default more.

Back to my never-ending presentation.

Today i want to post this unexpected item, let me introduce:

Some days ago a friend of mine asked me if i had some III Reich newspapers to throw away, something even destroyed, he needed to make some works of "design" on a door or so...

I get into a box of my random stuff to find out something for him and i took the occasion to look into some newspapers that i was never considering much, mostly i was giving as presents..

After looking carefully i discovered this one, a simple magazine edited by the Blut und Boden. Since my first field of collecting is related to antisemitism and persecution i was immediately catched by a shirt notice on the 3rd page titled "Rom wird Judenrein" (Rome is free from the jews).

The magazine is dated 11 december 1943 and the notice is strictly connected with a sad chapter of Nazi occupation in Italy of the same year, the so called "Raid of Rome Ghetto". During such raid (that actually happened 2 months before this notice was issued), up to 1000 jews (up to 200 were children) were deported from Rome to Nazi KZ, only 16 survived.

The order of the liquidation of the ghetto was issued by Himmler to H.Kappler (SS/SD Chief in Rome) already in september and the deportation was also followed by serious theft at the Jewish community of Rome, like precious antique books and gold too.

For those who will be interested in learning more about this historical event i have the full diaries of the secretary in charge at the Jewish community of Rome during that period that describes in details what nazi were doing in those days. I can provide a translation from italian to english and print them or make a pdf with copies from the original manuscripts.

This is what i like of "our" collecting, sometimes is not necessary to have rare and expansive items to tell an important piece of history.

Naturally the short notice on the newspaper doesn't explain the details of "making Rome free of Jews".

As usual i apologize for my silly english. I hope you will like this new post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Presentation   Presentation  

Presentation   Presentation  

Default .

Hi all !

yesterday i finally went out a bit from my cave and i took the occasion to make a few displays with some items picked up from my collection.

Me and my partner we had to make some photo shots in order to produce a dossier of our archives for historical/didactic purposes so i enjoyed this and i wanted to share here.

I hope i'll find out also some more time in the future to share some single items in detail for a review.

Here you will see several group of things putted together somehow by "theme".

I must say that the Groma T is not mine but of my partner, she also has her small collection :-)

I hope you will enjoy this and i'll be very happy receive some feeds ;-)

PresentationPresentationPresentationPresentationPresentationPresentationPresentationPresentationPresentationPresentation

?

Thumbs up

I don't see a "rune" key on your typewriter.
    I like WW 2 German typewriters, I have 6 or 7 different portables - including a military field model with wooden case and (1)one desk model. Almost all of mine have the "Rune" key on them, which is why I bought them.
    Here are 3, the desk model in the middle u. the field portable/wood carrying case - picked this one up at the Frankfurt (Germany) flea market many years ago.
    Sarge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Presentation  

Hi Sarge !

sure there is ;-)

look at the photo with keys, you will see the SS runes in correspondence of number 3, you must count from right to left 8 steps and you will find them ;-)

I'm not a fan of typewriters but i like this, conditions are fine and by the way compliments for your collection !!

Quote by Sarge View Post
    I don't see a "rune" key on your typewriter.
    I like WW 2 German typewriters, I have 6 or 7 different portables - including a military field model with wooden case and (1)one desk model. Almost all of mine have the "Rune" key on them, which is why I bought them.
    Here are 3, the desk model in the middle u. the field portable/wood carrying case - picked this one up at the Frankfurt (Germany) flea market many years ago.
    Sarge

Default Something else from my collection: Ahnenerbe

Today i would like to refresh a bit my thread showing you something not strictly related to antisemitic propaganda.

When i started to collect some years ago i understood that "war stuff" were not my cup of tea...i've been always more interested in art, history, archeology, ruralism, folklore and so on.. (after many years i'm still very ignorant about "war").

Of course in short time my curiosity reached immediately the Deutsches Ahnenerbe... (later i discovered the important connections with holocaust and persecutions)..

I remember it was difficult to find something special at the beginning since it was an unusual field in militaria collecting.

So i started with the books and magazines and i've been able to get the (almost) full bibliography (today i still keep only a few titles).

Finally, after some years i had my lucky shot and i had the occasion to acquire the a very large and interesting group of documents owned by the folklorist Hans Strobel (1911-1944 member of the SS from 1931 - at the time of the document presented here he was Obersturmfuehrer).

The original estate was composed of many more documents, letters of Himmler, Darrè and so on. At that time i was very young and very poor so i couldn't take all and i regret this, i also think that the whole estate should stay together and not shared but probably this was not important for the seller.

In any case i've been lucky to get some and i was happy anyway.

Today i still keep about 70 pieces between documents, photographs, postcards and the original photos used in his famous book: "Bauernbrauch im Jahreslauf".

I'm glad to show you here a letter autographed by Wolfram Sievers addressed to Strobel in '36. The signature of Sievers is always very "particular" since it seems that he used the first and last letter of his surname as 2 sieg runes.

I don't know much about the life of Strobel (he died in a fight during '44) but i believe that his career (and his choices) was not much different than those of the other "Ahnenerbe researchers" like Schaefer, that (like many others) joined the SS in order to improve his possibilities of research and studies (about this aspect i suggest to read: "Believe and Destroy - Intellectuals in the SS War Machine" of Christian Ingrao).

I also attach a curious and unidentified photo, i believe that the man behind the great stone with Odal runes is Sievers. I have other photos from this "strange meeting", i'll post in the next period.

I hope you'll enjoy these and always forgive my english.

Kind greetings to all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Presentation   Presentation  

Presentation   Presentation  

Presentation  

Interesting photo of the meeting in the stones setting. I can only imagine that this place no longer exists today do to the absurd over cleansing of the artifacts after the war's end. Any idea of where this place used to be?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Interesting photo of the meeting in the stones setting. I can only imagine that this place no longer exists today do to the absurd over cleansing of the artifacts after the war's end. Any idea of where this place used to be?
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    No idea at all unfortunately.

This photo belongs from a group of 5, one is more detailed but it's not possible to read the stone clearly.

Behind each photo there's the stamp of the Reichsnahrstand (Berlin amt) but i don't think it's enough to assume that the place was somewhere in Berlin.

Not only the great stone is carved but also some other but the carvings are only related to the "rank", like "fuehrer" and so on.

Its's much interesting, maybe someone that will see this photo will be able to tell us something more.

?

I find this rather interesting, I have never seen this sort of thing in Canada, but I am sure it must be around, over here we do find some very anti and rasist "black" items from the US.
    I think these sort of items are an interesting study, as they show some of the ideas of the times.

Just my Thoughts

Dean O
    Canada

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast