Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Prussian ode

Article about: Hi guys Just recieved this beautiful gorget from Germany! ringkragen für Preussische stabswachen I simply love this rare piece! And a little Prussian ww1 grouping! hope you will enjoy it as

Pristine Colonel

Love that Pickelhaub and the cover for it.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian ode
    P
    Many

?

Lovely grouping you have there.
    I have been a WW1 addict for most of my life, i think i have vissited the Verdun and Argonne battlefield at least a 20 times!
    Last weekend i went with a friend for 3 days to the Mort-Homme and Verdun battlefield just to do some Eyesight hunting.
    Although its been "eye-cleaned" in the mid 80ths theres a lot still to be found when you know where to look
    At least 15 life shells ( from 7.5cm to the heavy 17cm German and the 155mm French, besides the 77 mm Minenwerfer, its all still there)
    Here a few pics…

Regards
    Ger
    Prussian ode
    Prussian ode
    Prussian ode

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Lovely grouping you have there.
    I have been a WW1 addict for most of my life, i think i have vissited the Verdun and Argonne battlefield at least a 20 times!
    Last weekend i went with a friend for 3 days to the Mort-Homme and Verdun battlefield just to do some Eyesight hunting.
    Although its been "eye-cleaned" in the mid 80ths theres a lot still to be found when you know where to look
    At least 15 life shells ( from 7.5cm to the heavy 17cm German and the 155mm French, besides the 77 mm Minenwerfer, its all still there)
    Here a few pics…

Regards
    Ger
    Prussian ode
    Prussian ode
    Prussian ode
    Hi Ger.

I can echo the interest in ww1...
    My grandfather Jørgen Christian Jensen who i will do a longer essay over here on the forum one day, migrated to Australia and fought in France.. in 1917 he won the Victoria Cross in Noreuil France.
    One of only 3 Danes to ever recieve the VC.

We had in 2006 a stone with a bronze plaque in his honour raised in his hometown of Løgstør Denmark.

If interested in his story you can look up his name
    Been to the places he fought in France many times, and made a lot of good friends there.

Thank you for the pics.. looks like lots still to be found
    Last edited by Ullergaard; 03-14-2019 at 03:41 PM.

That's a stunning gorget Lt.Col, amazingly good condition.

Thank you all fine gentlemen for the replies!

Just a small picture of one in use..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2