Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A.R.P Badge Trio

Article about: Hello folks. These were a spur of the moment eBay purchase, and am very glad I jumped on them when they appeared. The grouping constitutes three pins, all intact and in great condition. Acco

Default A.R.P Badge Trio

Hello folks.

These were a spur of the moment eBay purchase, and am very glad I jumped on them when they appeared. The grouping constitutes three pins, all intact and in great condition. According to the seller, they come from an old lady who has just been put into assisted care. Her name -- Mary Harrison -- and her service number have been hand engraved on the back of one of them.

The first is a standard A.R.P badge, hallmarked Sterling silver. Have wanted one for a while, and it's the main reason I picked these up. The second, a Women's Volunteer Services pin, has some wonderful enameling work on the obverse. Really catches the light as you turn it in your hand.
    The third, the one inscribed with Ms Harrison's name and service number, is a St John's Ambulance medal. It is my understanding that these were made of 18-karat gold. Feels very fragile, and is beautifully detailed.

A grouping that fits in the palm of your hand, but a very significant piece of someone's personal history. It's nice to have all three together, and to be able to tell how this lady served her country from just three small pieces of metal. As long as they are in my possession, they will never be separated. They will be displayed together in due course, a tribute to someone whose wartime service may otherwise have been forgotten.

Enjoy the photos.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.R.P Badge Trio   A.R.P Badge Trio  

A.R.P Badge Trio   A.R.P Badge Trio  

A.R.P Badge Trio   A.R.P Badge Trio  

A.R.P Badge Trio  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A.R.P Badge Trio
    P
    Many