Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

RAD Original photos

Article about: 106_9...I'll keep my eyes open if ya want for patches or pictures if ya want...M... Hell i might have a few and don't even know it...I'll look...M

Default re: RAD Original photos

Years ago I started making a list with all granted RAD honor-names (as far as information from the RAD-Verordnungsblatt made this possible),
    divided in Arbeitsgaue (the RAD-districts). Later it was my plan to add also locations and other information. Due to scedules for writing articles
    and books I never was able to end and finish it. Maybe one day I can continue. All of the names were added to the unit-flags!

Suchlike lists I also made for honor-names, granted for SA-flags (NSKK as well). These names were to be found on SA-flags and NSKK-flags. I also
    made a lengthy list with all names for NS-Studentenbund Kameradschaften. The last note I found told me the names were not allowed to be used
    with flags. This was delayed until the war was over.
    SS, HJ and NSFK do only have a few honor-names - in contrary to RAD and Studentenbund, and as far as I have researched there are no
    honor-names granted for the Deutsche Arbeitsfront-flags. Flags, as used by political leaders do neither have honor-names at all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Original photos
    P
    Many

Default Re: RAD Original photos

Thank you Wim and Ade for the information!
    I will try to take some higher resolution scans to see if I can come up with a number.
    Also, I made a mistake, I have two. My father is the one with the "X" underneath.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Original photos  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I also have this if it helps to determine what unit he was in.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Original photos   RAD Original photos  

RAD Original photos  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

RAD Original photosRAD Original photosRAD Original photosRAD Original photosRAD Original photosRAD Original photosRAD Original photos
    Some of these have writing on the back..May be someone can help me translate...M

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I also have this if it helps to determine what unit he was in.
    Unfortunately not. It's his membership book for the Deutsche Arbeitsfront [German Labor Front] and has nothing to do with the RAD at all.

What we can tell from it is that he became a member of the DAF on 1 April 1940, at which time he worked as an unskilled laborer ["Hilfsarb." = "Hilfsarbeiter"]. His employer (at least in 1942) was the Dihlmann Bros. Shoe Factory.

The document was made out by the DAF's local administrative branch at Saulgau, subordinate to the DAF Gau administration Württemberg-Hohenzollern. His birthplace Ölkofen is only 10 kilometers away from Saulgau.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Unfortunately not. It's his membership book for the Deutsche Arbeitsfront [German Labor Front] and has nothing to do with the RAD at all.

What we can tell from it is that he became a member of the DAF on 1 April 1940, at which time he worked as an unskilled laborer ["Hilfsarb." = "Hilfsarbeiter"]. His employer (at least in 1942) was the Dihlmann Bros. Shoe Factory.

The document was made out by the DAF's local administrative branch at Saulgau, subordinate to the DAF Gau administration Württemberg-Hohenzollern. His birthplace Ölkofen is only 10 kilometers away from Saulgau.
    Thank you very much for the information Andreas!
    My brother was actually born in Saulgau.
    Ralph.

My only one.Looks like some ceremony.

?

Another one as well..

?

A few things... The RaD worker has a name on the back and regiment (Squad ? )...M
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Original photos   RAD Original photos  

RAD Original photos  

I have one other RAD photo, this was my mother's first husband and the father of my oldest brother. He was listed as MIA somewhere in Italy.
    Ralph.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast