Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Railway eagle

Article about: Hi guys I just got ahold of a railway eagle that I believe is good , all markings seem to be correct , it's got schrapnel damage to it , please voice your opinions thanks

Default Railway eagle

Hi guys I just got ahold of a railway eagle that I believe is good , all markings seem to be correct , it's got schrapnel damage to it , please voice your opinions thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Railway eagle   Railway eagle  

Railway eagle   Railway eagle  

Railway eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Railway eagle
    P
    Many

Nice GPH I saw this one before --- how big?

Personally, I like it, but Big Ned is the man to go to for these RR eagles!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by slados28 View Post
    It's a 27 inch eagle

Quote by slados28 View Post
    That's right, so have I, it was being sold by the same source as the contentious one that Kirk (Rossi) was looking at as a potential purchase earlier this month.

Need Opinions! Railway Car Eagle - 23 1/2

As can be seen in the thread, the general consensus on that one wasn't good. However, even though the above eagle has a very rough looking reverse side, the soft definition of the production markings and the lugs in particular (LH side as you look at it) could worry some folks, It should be noticed that eagles by this maker have a very crude verso compared to other makers that has often raised suspicions amongst some collectors. In my opinion this is a genuine "680" railroad eagle that's seen it's share of the action!

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 08-23-2015 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spellink.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    That's right, so have I, it was being sold by the same source as the contentious one that Kirk (Rossi) was looking at as a potential purchase earlier this month.

Need Opinions! Railway Car Eagle - 23 1/2

As can be seen in the thread, the general consensus on that one wasn't good. However, even though the above eagle has a very rough looking reverse side, the soft definition of the production markings and the lugs in particular (LH side as you look at it) could worry some folks, I should be noticed that eagles by this maker have a very crude verso compared to other makers that has often raised suspicions amongst some collectors. In my opinion this is a genuine "680" railroad eagle that's seen it's share of the action!

Regards, Ned.
    Thank you for your opinion , i def agree with everything you've said about this eagle , the shrapnel marks defiantly give this bird character, thx again Ned

wounded,still a nice bird.

?

Although I passed on Bill's other bird this one as Big Ned states is a good one that has been there.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com