Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

RCAF flag display

Article about: In the process of rearranging my war room and i decided to frame this RCAF rank flag I had purchased from the vets family many years ago. Seeing as the end was frayed and torn it was too fra

?

Default RCAF flag display

In the process of rearranging my war room and i decided to frame this RCAF rank flag I had purchased from the vets family many years ago. Seeing as the end was frayed and torn it was too fragile to hang on display but i think this frame I built suits it nicely.
    RCAF flag display
    RCAF flag display
    RCAF flag display

These flags were often flown outside military establishments to indicate the commanding officer on duty and in this case this flag belonged to a Squadron Leader (major) who was stationed in England during the war. I was fortunate enough to get a photo of the officer and so i decided to frame it with the flag. The uniform however didnt belong to him it actually belonged to my grandfather who happened to be the same rank so I thought it would make a nice display.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RCAF flag display
    P
    Many

?

I think you made the right choice Phil, the framed flag looks great. Do you have any other RCAF collectables?

?

Quote by gbalke View Post
    I think you made the right choice Phil, the framed flag looks great. Do you have any other RCAF collectables?
    Thanks, I do have a couple uniforms, and accessories that belonged to my grandfather but they are 50's era.

Excellent !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem